New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wheels
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
Not sure what planet one has to be from to think that. If I were to replace my wheels, the next place I would consider are Keizer wheels.

Back to the original topic, weld the holes closed, and then clean them up...

Posts: 124 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
8-F136-B7-F-4-AF2-4-C7-A-87-A1-F80-C1308-B13-A

Wheels for the new build

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
racerdude2054…KNOWS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
Just looking at pictures the BS Comp 5 fronts look awful spindly. The street version looks a little more robust. I'm already at minimum weight dso that's not an issue.

We've had really good luck with the street lite wheels going on 7 years.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
NPK, Kye Kelly had a wheel break, he is sponsored by Race Star but swears up and down that it was a borrowed set of wheels from Dean Karnes and not

I ordered a set of racestar double bead locks from summit about 3 years ago. When i unboxed them i found a huge finishing flaw on the outer wheel surface.Summit would replace the one but i said too myself if this passed race star"s quality control what else could they be skimping on? I ended up sending them back and odering a set of the welds which at the time where 4 of 5k for the pair.Big nut to swallow but great piece of mind!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I looked at all the opinions here and pulled the trigger for a new set. The repair ideas were pretty cool. In fact I bought some stainless set screws to repair the old wheels.
I guess I just really wanted a new set. I ordered BS Street Lites for the fronts and BS Comp 5 for the rears.
Thanks for the help.

https://imgur.com/a/TRQiHQF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nomad,

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Buy what ever wheels you like, it is bracket racing not Top Fuel cars.

If YOU like them then go for it and you do not have to ask anyone here or get their permission. If you like the Deltas that is fine to.

I like the look of the Billet Specialties wheels to. That is what I run on my Chevy ll.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would rather keep my older RaceStars, non bead locks and use the $3000-$4000 to pay more entry fees and race more. Just a personal budget decision, I don't think fancy wheels ever won the race, they look good for sure but do they help you win? I would say no way, but you would be looking good if you don't get the win slip ;-).

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lots of Delta wheels going on new Dragsters over at Diamond Race cars.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
of course there are, there is no better wheel currently on the market and those that can afford the best, buy the best and they will still be selling them at $5k a wheel.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Loved my Deltas, but I got mine at $4200 Smile They are a great wheel if you need a 16x16. I have some Alphas on order now for a 15" wheel.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
also a great wheel and I bought my Deltas for $3k a wheel in early 2019 IIRC.

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Well, I got the new wheels mounted and on the car. Each wheel was 3 pounds lighter than the old one.

I got the scales out to weigh the car but, the fridge took a shyyt this morning (see the fridge thread). The car is pretty close to the minimum now so I may get to add some weight to a more advantageous position.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post