DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Differential repair guys...HUGE favor?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Differential repair guys...HUGE favor?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I need two shims.....
3.125"-3.160" OD
2.260"-2.500" ID
.030" - .035" thickness

Can someone look through their box-o-shims, a book that would list bearing shims......anything...either two shims or an application so I can order/find them somewhere?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not sure of exact sizes at the moment, but TOMS differentials sold me the shims I needed and was very knowledgeable. Good luck.

Posts: 102 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks JP...I'll give him a try..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Is Tom’s still in business? For some reason I thought he passed away. Maybe someone took over.

I’ll look in my shims tomorrow.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Last I heard Tom of Tom's Diffs was trying to sell/get out of his business. Don't think he passed away.

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Did not have the shims and that's good to know about Tom. I love his videos on assembling a nine inch Ford.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Dave, have you had any luck?
If not, you might call West Coast Diff's in Rancho Cordova, 800-510-0950. They sell most anything you may need for a 3rd member. Same day ship if ordered by 4:00 pm. They have done me right over the past 15 years. Here is a link to their components page:
WCD Misc Parts

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
If you still need them I can look at work tomorrow. I have a box full of diff shims.

one of each, in the .030 - .035 range?

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got it handled.....

Thanks

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Ok, cool Smile

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Tom is alive and well, just tired and ready to quit giving the IRS so much money.
His son, who was running the California shop and was to take over passed away in a motorcycle accident about 12 or so years ago.
Tom is one of a kind, I'll miss our chats.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1658 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post