DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    stainless headers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stainless headers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Where's the best place to get a set of stainless BBC dragster headers chromed or polished? Approximate cost? How long does the polishing hold up?

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have run both Dynatech step triple chrome and Fab shop stainless with merge collector. If you run gas both will blue. Stainless will polish back. If you run alcohol both will work. I prefer the stainless. With my combo was .01 to .02 faster with the Fab shop vs the Dynatech step headers.

Posts: 23 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CH.CRAFT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tas472:
Have run both Dynatech step triple chrome and Fab shop stainless with merge collector. If you run gas both will blue. Stainless will polish back. If you run alcohol both will work. I prefer the stainless. With my combo was .01 to .02 faster with the Fab shop vs the Dynatech step headers.

THE PRODUCT, “BLUEJOB”, WORKS VERY WELL. I LEFT THE LEANOUT VALVE OPEN TOO LONG ON MY 565 WITH DYNATECH HEADERS AND TURNED THEM BLUE. IT TAKES A LITTLE WORK BUT IT REMOVES THE BLUE.

STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY
2017 QUICK-16 TRACK CHAMPION

Posts: 54 | Location: SOUTH LOUISIANA | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My fabshops turned gold in color. But that don’t bother me either. They are faster than the dynatech headers also

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have had 3 sets of Dynatech triple chrome on 3 different cars of recent...2 plus years and zero bluing on gas or alcohol so far. Lean out will get them Purdy hot and blue for sure. Clean regularly with one damp/wet rag and one clean microfiber. Look great IMO.

Had a set of Kooks stainless, very nice but I found the stainless to be too much upkeep to keep them looking really nice...turned gold as well after cleaning and polishing in the same day.

Saw no difference in performance to speak of. Just my experience.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post