New
Find
Notify
Tools

F&L Race Fuel
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Our three race fuel distributors changed from selling VP and Sunoco to F&L Race Fuel. I had been using VP C-15 and/or Sunoco Maximal but now neither is locally available. F&L doesn't show a cross to VP C-15 but they do have a cross to VP C-16 and/or Sunoco Maximal, they call it "ST". Unfortunately they don't provide spec's on any of their fuels.

Does anyone have experience using "ST" in a 15:1 BBC drag racing application? Was there a difference in the results over either the VP or Sunoco equivalent fuels?

Thanks for any feed back.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Bob, I have never heard of F&L but this is from their website.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bob, FYI Sunoco Maximal fuel is not the best fuel for your 15:1 engine, Supreme is, aka Blue.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

Having a misprint on the (R+M)/2 rating doesn't instill confidence.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1638 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

Having a misprint on the (R+M)/2 rating doesn't instill confidence.

I agree. There are only 2 options for fuel in my program and that is C15 or Maximal. If either wasn't available locally, I would drive to get it.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Getting harder and harder to race in Calif when you cant even get your brand of race fuel now

Posts: 2420 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I tried to get Renegade Fuels to open a facility near San Diego, and it almost happened but the State tax and safety regulations killed that idea. The current Anti-American Administration and the Militant Liberal Media is he!! bent to kill off racing in California. Eventually they will prevail, probably to the extent that simply owning a race car is an automatic ten year jail sentence.

When it's all over Bakersfield could well be the last 1/4 mile drag strip in the State.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
RPROGAS, Nick Cobb and I can get Renegade for anyone in southern California.

quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I tried to get Renegade Fuels to open a facility near San Diego, and it almost happened but the State tax and safety regulations killed that idea. The current Anti-American Administration and the Militant Liberal Media is he!! bent to kill off racing in California. Eventually they will prevail, probably to the extent that simply owning a race car is an automatic ten year jail sentence.

When it's all over Bakersfield could well be the last 1/4 mile drag strip in the State.

Bob

Posts: 16 | Location: ontario | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post