DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Predator 3500 Generator
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Predator 3500 Generator
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Again Mad dog is right. It could be a bad connection toon somewhere causing voltage drop and you need to start at the generator and work your way towards charger if indeed the voltage is low at the charger. You may find several bad spots with each causing a small drop but they will add up. This won’t take but a couple minutes but I would check at the charger when it isn’t working to verify voltage first.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You will see very little or no volt drop at any length without a load. Formula for VD=I(amps)X R(resistance of conductors). It's linear.
BW

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
First off I would try to get charger to act up again and take a voltage reading at the charger, may need a splitter for that.
My point is to plug everything in like it was and start as close to generator as possible and take voltage readings then work your way to charger and see if anything shows up.
I had issue years ago using power at the track and my turbostart charger would only go up to 12 amps after a pass when it would normally got to 25. It turned out to be voltage was down to 100 volts from everybody running their ac, this is why I also use my Honda for charging battery in my car at track.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I find out

Posts: 600 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post