DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Griner billet Valve body?????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Griner billet Valve body?????
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted
I am running a part# 34G10 Griner billet Valve body in a GM Turbo 400, purchased in 2014.
I understand they are no longer made... My question is, is anyone running this VB, and if so do you have a replacement solenoid, source?

Posts: 22 | Location: usa | Registered: December 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I know for the PG's we were able to modify a Trans Specialties solenoid for their AL VB. Don't see why you couldn't do the same. Just measure the stroke and the plunger diameter/length and find one you can work with.

Posts: 2143 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
I know for the PG's we were able to modify a Trans Specialties solenoid for their AL VB. Don't see why you couldn't do the same. Just measure the stroke and the plunger diameter/length and find one you can work with.
Is the PG solenoid internal?

Posts: 22 | Location: usa | Registered: December 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No,,,, now that you mention that, I had a T400 long ago with the Griner VB and I think the solenoid was internal. Never had to replace one,,, still should be able to do something I would think.

Posts: 2143 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
No,,,, now that you mention that, I had a T400 long ago with the Griner VB and I think the solenoid was internal. Never had to replace one,,, still should be able to do something I would think.
Yes..... Mine is internal. Still working but now that Griner is no more I want a backup... Thanks...

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rallye bob:
quote:
Yes..... Mine is internal. Still working but now that Griner is no more I want a backup... Thanks...

Call Dan Dishon Transmission in Logansport, IN.
He can lay it out for you.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1607 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
I may have one,from when i ran one.I'll check.

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had a T400 back in the 90's with an internal brake. Mine was an ATI unit.

Maybe reach out to ATI to see if they can be of assistance.

I would try Sonnax as well.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post