DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    IQ3 Dash problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IQ3 Dash problem
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Hey all we just installed an IQ3 display dash into my sons dragster. Programming went easy as usual. Except one issue, I have been trying to get it to display digital RPM for the tach on the dash and am not having any success. I programmed the large "middle" diplay for RPM, but it just says 9. The graph along the top works fine but would like to see a number as well. The rest of it is working as it should any help, tips ideas?

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
The large middle display only has single digits. It’s mainly used for a gear indicator.

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
The large middle display only has single digits. It’s mainly used for a gear indicator.

So I need to simply move it to another position then? Easy enough wonder why its even an option in that display area then. Oh well they could mention that in the instructions. I have a UDX and that's where it is. Cool thanks!!

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Al I just looked at my config file and the RPM goes on the left side right under the rpm graph. It's plenty big enough won't have an issue seeing it.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys already changed it all. Just don't understand why if cannot be displayed in the middle of the dash why they even give you that option on the pull down menu. I was sure I did something wrong when it would not display there. Ugh a few simple instructions or just delete that channel from that display, or any other that would be more than one digit for that matter, sheesh!!

Marcus Tullius Cicero