DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster windsheild chrome hardware ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster windsheild chrome hardware ??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Morning, Putting new windshield on my dragster and looking for new hardware (chrome ?) to mount it what's out there ?? Thank you jjj

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I would just look for stainless button head screws and locknuts. Cheaper, won't rust and really wouldn't look much different than chrome.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
South Coast Stainless in Lake Havasu Arizona has all kinds of polished stainless screws and bolts for sale. Been buying stuff from them for years.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Stainless, you're going thru aluminum, McMaster-Carr has everything you need.

Posts: 28 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: September 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much guys.

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Typically, most builders use stainless 6/32 for the windshield. And yes Mcmaster.com has all your needs.

Posts: 910 | Location: The problem with your gene pool is that there's no lifeguard... | Registered: April 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I like to put nylon washers on each side to protect the paint. They have small ones about the size of the head of the screw.
As said before McMaster Carr

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 250 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the stainless steel hardware. Check a marine hardware supply house. You may get lucky and find some chrome plated stainless.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good idea Ray, I've used tiny rubber O-rings between the plexiglass & washer/nut combo to stop the plexiglass from cracking in that area.
quote:
Originally posted by diceman1530:
I like to put nylon washers on each side to protect the paint. They have small ones about the size of the head of the screw.
As said before McMaster Carr

Posts: 28 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: September 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check us out for all your fasteners needs and race car hardware.
https://www.specialty-fasteners.com

Posts: 16 | Location: ontario | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post