DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Camshaft Help Contacts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camshaft Help Contacts
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted
Hi guys, I am looking for a contact name ( and a phone number if possible ) for one of the cam grinders you guys prefer. I am especially interested in Bullet, RM / Erson, but open to any manufacture. Sorry I don't have any snappy avitar I don't know how to do it ) or snappy screen name, but I read every post on the tech portion, I have learned much and appreciate the willingness to help everyone. I don't reply very much because I usually don't have any helpful information.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Steve Tanzi is the go to guy for a camshaft at Erson Cams.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
57 Vette Thank you for the information.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
tanzi 775-901-6969

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1401 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
Rusty, thanks for the number.

Anyone else care to comment?

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
224 views and only 2 responses?

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i would also add just call bullett,i have had nothing but good results there also

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1401 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
JonesCams.com

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
After waiting 9 weeks for a cam from Jones Cams I ended up going to LSM Cams
They had it ground and shipped within 5 days. Also, I actually picked up with his recommendation.. This was after having 4 different grinds in the engine..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the rain maker:
JonesCams.com

You must be running a chevy.. I waited for 9 weeks for a cam for my mopar, he couldn't get a core..
I will give him credit though he did grind a nice cam, it worked..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
After waiting 9 weeks for a cam from Jones Cams I ended up going to LSM Cams
They had it ground and shipped within 5 days. Also, I actually picked up with his recommendation.. This was after having 4 different grinds in the engine..

Dave

Took about 2 weeks to receive my camshaft from Jones. I've heard good things about LSM but have never used one.

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
No dog is this discussion, but I can say a good friend of mine has been using Bullet cams in his drag boat, and has won more than one yearly championship in his class.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post