DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Loss of driveline speed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loss of driveline speed
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
After sudden loss of et I compared before and after runs and saw a 550 rpm drop in drivshaft speed while on the stop.thinking torque convertor or tranny slipping.Engine rpm and top end mph stayed the same,any thoughts?

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am thinking that if you had a converter issue or transmission slip it would show up primarily under full load.

Posts: 36 | Location: Bradenton | Registered: August 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had the same thought,but gap between driveline speeds begans to close at full throttle.Can't figure this one out.

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
post before and after graphs

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

I don’t think he has run the car since then. Great Bend will probably be his next race but I know he’s wanting to figure this out first.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Possible ground to stop or electrical connection? Just a thought.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Going to Great Bend with rebuilt tranny and converter.When in dought throw $$$ at it!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Possibly the lack of altitude may help fix the problem (Salt Lake down to Great Bend). Good luck, you will find the solution to your problem. This may have simply been an air bleed size problem.

See you in Vegas in November.

Bob

Posts: 3074 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If engine RPM is the same and DS is 550 low, I would next look at G-meter reading.

And when you say 550 low is that at the end of your 2.x seconds on the stop?

Assuming you are shifting on time .5 out it's hard to imagine how trans / converter would be cause that.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob I raced in Denver before going to Salt Lake,no problems there.Also 5 passes at SL before problem accured.
Greg as you said shifting at .5 from time stop closes to end of run driveline is slow,gap narrows slightly after stop comes off.I dont have gforce sensor.et off a tenth.Only explanation can be drivetrain slipping I checked for brake drag nothing there.