Find
Notify
Tools

Push bar
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of tony palmieri
posted
Thinking about switching from towing my F.E.D. back to using a push bar. Any suggestions on how or where to mount or other tips would be appreciated.

tony palmieri

Posts: 19 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Take a look at how the Jr. Dragsters tow their cars.

For many years, we towed our TF and Comp FED's with a grown up version.

Just determine the front end weight to get the tongue length long enough to easily lift the front of the FED and connect it to the tow vehicle. the "Y" for the pivot was wide enough and tall enough to clear the nose and body of the FED.

It will follow you everywhere, stop on a dime, and be much shorter than a tow rope etc.

There are several solution for pushing, from a big flat push board on the front of the service vehicle to a push tube from the vehicle to the FED. Several companies make kits or you can build your own, as we did for our RED.

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I bought a piece of black iron pipe, welded washers on the end, then nuts to the washers. Rod ends from McMaster car screwed into the nuts. Pull pins from McMaster also (most expensive piece in the while deal).

I had extra tabs from a seatbelt kit that I bought from Mcamis that I welded onto the brush guard on the SxS.

I put the tabs pretty far apart and I think makes it easier to install the pins. 1 season pushing 2500 lbs with a SxS that has a very touchy pedal and no problems yet.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A bracket car that has to be pushed or towed???

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BJs Wild Ride:
I bought a piece of black iron pipe...

This is basically what we did on our RED. The Strange rearend has sizable threaded holes on the bottom and we used them for the racecar bracket.

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post