DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster pushbar pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster pushbar pics
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Going to make a pushbar for the golfcart to push the dragster. Anyone have some photos? I have a vision but I usually hate everything i make the first time around

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
LMAO. Two reason I am making one myself right now also and normally hate my first design also. Sry can not help with pics.

I simply welded two tabs with Heim joint in middle on the fron of four wheeler.A another set above it big enough for rod to sit in with quick pin,same quick pin as I will use to pin to the car. Going to either weld or make a clamp on bracket to the car.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Do you have wheelie bars couple guys I know push from bars just weld a small thick wall tube vertically and put pin thru that

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
Going to make a push bar for the golf cart to push the dragster. Anyone have some photos? I have a vision but I usually hate everything i make the first time around

I don't have picture of mine, but would highly recommend pushing vs pulling with a tow strap.
We had to cut a notch in the bumper of our Yamaha gold cart, then welded two vertical brackets just wide enough to hold a good size Heim joint. On the car we welded the brackets horizontally to the parachute mount to hold the Heim joint. We then used tubing to connect the two mounting points, and used a Quick Fist on the front edge of the gold cart roof to hold the push bar by folding it up against the roof when not being used. We made the overall length just long enough that we can put the gold cart in the trailer without hitting the bar on the celling of the trailer. The bar stays right on the golf cart even when towing.

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thurston:
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
Going to make a push bar for the golf cart to push the dragster. Anyone have some photos? I have a vision but I usually hate everything i make the first time around

I don't have picture of mine, but would highly recommend pushing vs pulling with a tow strap.
We had to cut a notch in the bumper of our Yamaha gold cart, then welded two vertical brackets just wide enough to hold a good size Heim joint. On the car we welded the brackets horizontally to the parachute mount to hold the Heim joint. We then used tubing to connect the two mounting points, and used a Quick Fist on the front edge of the gold cart roof to hold the push bar by folding it up against the roof when not being used. We made the overall length just long enough that we can put the gold cart in the trailer without hitting the bar on the celling of the trailer. The bar stays right on the golf cart even when towing.

Last year I watched a guy with a similar setup have some clearance issues with the push bar when driving under their EZ-Up. Whoops!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
Yup, our trailer has an extra 6" inside height, so we could make the bar the length we needed. If you need to make the length adjustable, just make the push bar with two different size tubes, one inside of the other, dill holes and use quick pin to adjust. Just don't forget to shorten it before going in the trailer. :>)

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was going to make the bar just so the rod end is even with the roof of the golfcart so i don't run into any surprises lol

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Guess I should have built a shorter wheelie bar . Mine is right at 5'-6" so 6' is the minimum on pushbar/

I have thought about incorporating the wheelie bar and attaching to it right at the rear so as not to need much length on the push bar. Also trying to avoid the damn wish I had built it this way instead.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE) Last year I watched a guy with a similar setup have some clearance issues with the push bar when driving under their EZ-Up. Whoops![/QUOTE]

that may or may not have been me .. lol

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post