New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stagger
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Anyone know on roughly 1 second 60' dragsters how much affect on 60's stagger has? How about reaction times?

Are most TD's running some amount of stagger?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
.030 for 2"

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rt and 60’?
Is 2” max allowable?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i always used 1 inch is .01 on both ,that was a super gas setup though.its not exact im sure but was close enough for me

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I assume they limit how much you can do in brackets. I have never had stagger in my dragster, and not sure if I have enough in the box to be ok with stagger if I .400 pro tree race

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I assume they limit how much you can do in brackets. I have never had stagger in my dragster, and not sure if I have enough in the box to be ok with stagger if I .400 pro tree race

How much do you have in the box on a .500 full tree?

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
easy if you have much over 1100 in your delay box on a full tree you will be possible red on .400 pro tree

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

How much do you have in the box on a .500 full tree?

1.115 comes to mind. But my mind isn't as sharp as looking when I am out in the shop. LOL

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have 2” of stagger on a low 7 second blown altered. I can’t turn it red with a pro brake and 23” Hoosier fronts. Next step is 22” dragster fronts when I run a .400 Pro tree.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
2" is legal limit on dragster.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
2" is legal limit on dragster.

Thank you sir

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
easy if you have much over 1100 in your delay box on a full tree you will be possible red on .400 pro tree

That should be the case, but in NHRA you’re racing on a .370 pro tree.

I bracket race with ~1.145 in the box but if I try to turn the stop on too early, I’ll struggle to go red with the box empty.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I'll never comprehend what the advantage of stagger is with a normal size tire and a delay box?
Possibly a small advantage qualifying for a field but how often would it be the deciding factor?
In the 80's running the airplane fronts I had to put the full 2" in my dragster to turn both lights on at some places, even then it was close sometimes.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
I'll never comprehend what the advantage of stagger is with a normal size tire and a delay box?
Possibly a small advantage qualifying for a field but how often would it be the deciding factor?
In the 80's running the airplane fronts I had to put the full 2" in my dragster to turn both lights on at some places, even then it was close sometimes.

Of course the same can be said about carbon fiber and light batteries and aluminum cylinder heads......if you can pick up .02-.03 in the 60' and the associated down time track....we have all spend more for less. Especially if in a q16 or td type race where you qualify.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
You want great 60 foots just run a beam cheater ... Makes delay box settings very interesting lol

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
You want great 60 foots just run a beam cheater ... Makes delay box settings very interesting lol

But the beam cheaters aren't low enough for the starting line beam are they? I thought those were only for the finish line?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I may not understand beam cheaters. I was just guessing they were too high to stage with.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
You got to run one really low lol ... Behind the front tires . Think of it as your diaper being too low and dragging thru the lights . The trick is getting it the right length to not be glaringly obvious LMAO . Then you can really 60ft ....

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
You got to run one really low lol ... Behind the front tires . Think of it as your diaper being too low and dragging thru the lights . The trick is getting it the right length to not be glaringly obvious LMAO . Then you can really 60ft ....

That's what I was thinking

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Only issue with beam breaker behind the tire. Rule(yes meant to be pushed) reads 3" minimum to 12" behind. axle center line.

My first race car.1966 Nova that we built with full tube chassis. The front end was as low as you could legally go. Because to young to know I was suppose to be able to cut the light well in my first season.I got protested cpl times about this very thing. I was legal but barely,meaning les than 1/4" on that 12" measurement. You rolled car thru lights with me in it by hand and it showed it could go red. I proved the hell out of that the NeXT year when we switched to injection. Also first time I had a delay box ,after mid season and dozen reds. I still have that old thing too.1987 version was bare bone basic delay.

I do agree you could get it perfect if some trial and error. Be legal and be helpful.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post