DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Temp sensor in trans line
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Temp sensor in trans line
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Trying to install a temp sensor in the -6 trans line. What fitting do you use. The auto meter block that they sell is a monstrosity.

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago | Registered: July 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Joe's Racing makes a real nice manifold. I put one on my car last winter trying to avoid drilling into my cast aluminum pan.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Here is what I used.

Lots to choose from!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm...+adapter&_sacat=6000

DG

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
Put the sensor in the pan.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1351 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Why in the line?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Because in the pan is after it has been thru the cooler.Putting it in the line tells me how hard I am on the convertor. I have on in the pan

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago | Registered: July 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
every professionally plumbed and wired car I have seen including both of mine have the sensor in the pan.

You obviously have a trans issue based on your several threads, posts, comments.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Really great piece of technical knowledge there!! If every reply from you is, "all I know is I call the most reputable builders and do what they tell me" then why are you on this forum? Keep your moobs off the keyboard and maybe try and learn something. Or go order a $105,000 dragster so you can make the buyback line prettier.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^says the CLUELESS nobody with JUNK!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ says the man-bra wearing, out of business driving, non-winning, most valuable buyback driver of the century clueless puppet who hasn't done shyt nor won shyt with his 25000 passes.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Several fitting companies make a -6 male to -6 female fitting with a 1/8" NPT h0le. They aren't that big. If you have a trans cooler with AN fittings it is simple.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
must be true, I read it on an internet forum, from a clueless jealous nobody with JUNK.

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
In the pan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
must be true, I read it on an internet forum, from a clueless jealous nobody with JUNK.

1Ed, are you making new friends again?

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
In the pan

Roger McGinnis...knows Eek

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ollies69:
Because in the pan is after it has been thru the cooler.Putting it in the line tells me how hard I am on the convertor. I have on in the pan

I have mine in the pan because I wanted to know the transmission temperature going into converter. I can understand why you want it on the outlet and would like to know the results.
What ever it does not matter where so and so sticks it. In fact it is easy enough to move it from one to the other to see he difference. Go for it. Your car you do what you want.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3993 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320 Racer. No I dont have a trans issue! I did find last season the trans temp was creeping higher than it should. Since I have straightened that out. And no I dont have a dragster its a 3200 door car that runs in the 8s that I bracket race with.And I did not find this idea of a sensor in a cooler line on a forum.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
What ever it does not matter where so and so sticks it.

This thread is a lot more open-minded than the Caitlyn Jenner thread in General Discussion.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Nichols
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are thinking like an engineer. Good for you. You have the right approach to finding your solution. The other thing you can do if space is a problem with the fitting solution that was previously offered is to use a -6AN T fitting and you can thread one of the exposed legs with a 1/8 NPT tap and thread the sensor directly into it.

Posts: 157 | Location: Charlestown, IN U.S.A | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ollies69:
its a 3200 door car that runs in the 8s that I bracket race with.

As is mine and as I do and my temp sensor is in the pan where it belongs.