DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster fuel tank
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster fuel tank
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
The fuel tank on my 05 Undercover split and started leaking this past Friday, got it off and my friend put JB on it and it held for the Sat & Sunday race.
This is a clear plastic tank behind the seat.
Where can I find one....

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike Larkin Sr has one from his crash car, but I’m clueless on how to private message you his number on here.

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Don,

Nathan was at my trailer when we JB welded that tank! It seemed to hold up well while your 76 your old azz was wearing those boys and girls out on Saturday and Sunday in the 100 degree heat!!! Get with Nathan as I am sure he can point you in the right direction...PM me if you need his number.

Good to see you again and really cool to see you doing well racing too!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I know you are looking for a new tank, but...

The aluminum fuel bottle on my kids' Jr was leaking, and I put JB Qwik-Weld on it. It held fine for a few days, and then the alky turned it rubbery and it fell off.

I did some research and put Seal All on it. It is made by the Goop people and is resistant to all fuels. Comes in a yellow tube. It's been holding there for a couple months now with no problem.

So, until you can replace it, keep an eye on it or you have another product that you can try to hold you over.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I used por 16 or 15 can't remember for harley tank its actually a liner. Works great for sealing them even the small holes in them. Tough as iron too.

Yea just another temp fix,just throwing it out there.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://www.summitracing.com/t...pping-_-srese1-_-jaz

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 598 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check your PM's Mopar Traitor

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post