DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Meziere Water Pump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meziere Water Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted
My dragster has been setting for about 10 months while undergoing some updates and a new engine. The last time we raced everything was fine (except we lost oil pressure, hence the new engine). I put the Meziere WP100U water pump back on today, the motor runs but it is not moving any water. I pulled the little black cap of the front of the pump and you can turn the motor with a small screwdriver, I verified that the pump was rotating with the pump on. I reversed the wires to see if it would pump in the opposite rotation, the motor runs but still not pumping. Any suggestions on how to unstick the pump (I am thinking it stuck from sitting) or repair it. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Pull the center section off and see if the impeller turns with the motor, and that it's solidly connected. If so, it's not a water pump issue.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Once in a while they will get air locked when drained . you just need to get the air from the top of pump.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
How would I get the air out? I have the inlet coming in on the bottom, the outlet is through the intake manifold. I have pressure tested the system and it holds pressure.
quote:
Originally posted by NFC:
Once in a while they will get air locked when drained . you just need to get the air from the top of pump.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Call Meziere on Monday and talk to my buddy Jerry and he can help you. Guy knows his stuff

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My SB2 headed engine has lines plumed into the sides on the pump that goes to the center of heads, Most times cracking one of the lines loose works.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I called Jerry at Meziere this morning and he said it was air locked, he also told me how to bleed the air out. I am happy to report it is now pumping great.
quote:
Originally posted by jdbsmith:
How would I get the air out? I have the inlet coming in on the bottom, the outlet is through the intake manifold. I have pressure tested the system and it holds pressure.
quote:
Originally posted by NFC:

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jdbsmith:
Thanks for the help. I called Jerry at Meziere this morning and he said it was air locked, he also told me how to bleed the air out. I am happy to report it is now pumping great.[QUOTE]

Glad to hear it worked out for you and thanks for the call back.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 238 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the help. I called Jerry at Meziere this morning and he said it was air locked, he also told me how to bleed the air out. I am happy to report it is now pumping great.

Ok, I’m curious. What did he recommend doing that got the air lock out ??

Posts: 2453 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Ok, I’m curious. What did he recommend doing that got the air lock out ??
Remove or loosen the top bolt on the passenger side in the pump housing, not the motor bolts, run the pump and bleed air out. It was still full of air but the pump did prime and start pumping. Still had to bleed the air out as normal.