10 years since
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
So, everything ok? Just a misunderstanding? Everything is in the shytter now days, don't want it here lol

Well that depends, did you vote for Trump or the Evil Empire? LOL Smile

I voted for the winner....but I guess I should have voted twice

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:
Huntsville humidity.

Them there's the key words right their..."grains"

I've watched Whomp go 4.3X at Huntsville many of times. Ran that number so many times he thru the center section right out of her!
SL KNOWS...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:
Huntsville humidity.

Them there's the key words right their..."grains"

I've watched Whomp go 4.3X at Huntsville many of times. Ran that number so many times he thru the center section right out of her!
SL KNOWS...

Whomp, your response above was very Ed like!! Big Grin

Hope your feeling better these days!

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by LIZZARD:
I never said 2,000 lbs or 2,050 lbs

Still a 615 over 1,800 lbs and more like over 1,850 that runs in the 30’s

never stated that YOU did and most definitely LESS than 1850 lbs.

Tipped the scales at 1875 today... truth and facts

Posts: 115 | Location: 2008 IHRA SSS No Box WC | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I thought a place called Frankenstein got involved with those heads. Have not heard anything since.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
a month has past, what's the latest with your 20 degree stuff? Combo, dyno #'s, etc.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
when you picking up your bullet 1290

ep-I let you take me to dinner

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Shake head

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Going to find out in about a month...

PAR 615 short deck (steel block)
Elite 20 heads
Edelbrock 2895 intake
870ish 55mm cam
16.5:1 compression
2.400" APD Max Speed - X14 fuel

I just purchased an FTI 93b converter to put behind it. Scott thought it would be .04 slower than what he normally sells with it but that it would be better on the stop. This will be going in a 2019 Racecraft car with the new Hoosier C1550 tires, and should weigh in right at 2000 lbs.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If your plan is super comp racing, you don’t want the max speed. Everyone that I know who ran that carb has since swapped it out for a regular dominator and plate stop. Further, several competitors in division 1 have APD engines and they didn’t come with the max speed, rather APD’s enforcer carb and enforcer base plate stop.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
If your plan is super comp racing, you don’t want the max speed. Everyone that I know who ran that carb has since swapped it out for a regular dominator and plate stop. Further, several competitors in division 1 have APD engines and they didn’t come with the max speed, rather APD’s enforcer carb and enforcer base plate stop.

It's the same carb I won the D3 championship with last year Wink I haven't used anything else since 2014, though, so I'm a little biased. It would be interesting to try something different sometime and see how it works.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine has won the division, the Jegs Allstars, numerous national events and has finished top 5 in the world more than once with that carb and he sold it at the end of the 2019 season and now runs the Enforcer carb and Enforcer baseplate stop.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
A good friend of mine has won the division, the Jegs Allstars, numerous national events and has finished top 5 in the world more than once with that carb and he sold it at the end of the 2019 season and now runs the Enforcer carb and Enforcer baseplate stop.

Some guys can just win with anything. Some day I wouldn’t mind trying it but that’s a pretty significant investment.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
keep them coming who's got what/building what 20 degree combo?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
keep them coming who's got what/building what 20 degree combo?

Got a 598 SR 20 from PAR sitting in the floor for this 66 Chevy ii build

Ed, I have to feel like with a 615 SR20 motor in your dragster that you could run 4.3X in great conditions with an aluminum block and 4.4X with a steel block

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That would be great but I just don’t see it on the track, got numerous friends running 615/632 SR20s and none of them are running 30s. That said, I am aware of 20 degree headed engines in dragsters running 30s and 20s but they are much bigger than 615/632 and in cars built to put up low ETs and big mph.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
That would be great but I just don’t see it on the track, got numerous friends running 615/632 SR20s and none of them are running 30s. That said, I am aware of 20 degree headed engines in dragsters running 30s and 20s but they are much bigger than 615/632 and in cars built to put up low ETs and big mph.

Most of the time it’s light cars and light drivers. Your son is not heavy and with an aluminum block do you think your car would be 1800 with driver?

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Closer to 1900 lbs. and he’s 205