Find
Notify
Tools

10 years since
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
The converter is spragless, and i am on alky injection without a high speed leanout

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
No sir, i have 15 years of experience running a 450 dragster. I have swung enough converters in my stuff and customers 450 and faster dragsters to know what works. With that being said, i have seen NUMEROUS times that the converter i mentioned works well in these kind of cars.

1/8 mile is a totally different topic. What you've learned 1/8 mile is according to fundamentals of performance. You've learned crossing 7000-7200-7400 1/8 slipping the converter, is faster than crossing below 6800rpm 1/8.

You'll know 1/8 mile won't pertain to 1/4 mile converter performance, once you understand engine rpm and torque are measurable limits of power (rate of doing work).

quote:
Well with my trans specialties converter that is identical to an fti 93b, My car goes 4.48 @ 153 and 7.08 at 186 and has 5-6% slip. That is with an engine that only SHOULD make 1140 hp. So what dumb ass comment you have now?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
No sir, i have 15 years of experience running a 450 dragster. I have swung enough converters in my stuff and customers 450 and faster dragsters to know what works. With that being said, i have seen NUMEROUS times that the converter i mentioned works well in these kind of cars.

1/8 mile is a totally different topic. What you've learned 1/8 mile is according to fundamentals of performance. You've learned crossing 7000-7200-7400 1/8 slipping the converter, is faster than crossing below 6800rpm 1/8.

You'll know 1/8 mile won't pertain to 1/4 mile converter performance, once you understand engine rpm and torque are measurable limits of power (rate of doing work).

quote:
Well with my trans specialties converter that is identical to an fti 93b, My car goes 4.48 @ 153 and 7.08 at 186 and has 5-6% slip. That is with an engine that only SHOULD make 1140 hp. So what dumb ass comment you have now?

If you knew how to do the math and the factors, rpm and tire diameter at the stripe, you wouldn't be so overly emotional about someone who does, I . But you don't, you're just guessing.

The factors to compare are the rpm's & mph's at the stripe, and the tire diameters on the two cars at the stripe. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Then on top of that you have the variables.

The competing input shaft designs, stator tube and line and converter pressures in play.

So according to performance fundamentals we have factors and variables.

And we have your guessing, according to your theories on modern day B&M 20608 monkey see monkey do converters. Smile

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I use date loggers so i dont have to waste time with pen and paper, and i can actually work on my stuff and make it faster.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use date loggers so i dont have to waste time with pen and paper, and i can actually work on my stuff and make it faster.

No amount of data can lead you in a positive fashion efficiently, if you don't know the factors or the variables.

Or have a grasp for how anything works, or can't do anything. Like Ed.

All Ed can do, is call BTE, or you, to guess what converter he should have in it.

I'm a converter builder dream come true, bacause I can call on myself, to set standards of performance.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I'm a converter builder worse nightmare because I am an idiot with desk top dyno that thinks I know better than the converter builder and I’m delusional believing everyone is looking to call on myself, to set standards of performance with my nothing special cut up shyt box with triple chrome plated bumpers that hasn’t been raced in 4 years after sitting for 4 more years.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you're fastest.

Let me know when you find a converter faster than this spragless Transmission Specialties, n/a 23 sbc 3200 lbs bias 10.5 x 28.

It's only the most common combo ever in drag racing. So you have plenty to choose from. Smile

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Jeremiah, why do you bother arguing with this mentally deranged idiot? Your way smarter then that

A "triple chrome plated mentally deranged idiot"!

I think his run in with the finish line foamie may have had a traumatic affect on him.... good thing he had them chrome bumpers though as it may have destroyed fiberglass.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
quote:
Jeremiah, why do you bother arguing with this mentally deranged idiot? Your way smarter then that

I think his run in with the finish line foamie may have had a traumatic affect on him.... good thing he had them chrome bumpers though as it may have destroyed fiberglass.

I can only presume this means you two are out of guess's and modern day B&M 20608 monkey see monkey do torque converters, to suggest to Ed. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed is waiting by the phone patiently. Smile

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
quote:

Actually I have been posting stuff as useless as his post. Thats why i have been naming off O.e.m. converters and converter companies. LOL....this **** show has turned into entertainment for me. For some reason his experience with slow box cars makes him think he is a resident expert on fast dragsters.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Could you imagine the knowledge he would have if those bumpers were quadruple chrome plated?

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Im guessing the slow box car professional thinks Dale Armstrong is an idiot too, since he was the one that pioneered data logging....

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im guessing the slow box car professional thinks Dale Armstrong is an idiot too, since he was the one that pioneered data logging....

I never called anyone an Idiot, not even Ed. Calling Ed an idiot would be a low blow on idiots worldwide.

I am a little concerned as to why you're so upset I said Ed can't do anything, other than take instructions from BTE, because he really doesn't have a grasp for how anything works, or for what he's doing.

What's wrong with that? It's the Truth, Ed doesn't know how to do anything to help himself go faster.

If it were me I'd have already had the transmission apart, improving efficiency, just for starters.

BTE didn't send ED an efficient transmission, they sent ED a safe transmission, because they too know Ed doesn't know how to do anything.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I never called anyone an Idiot, not even Ed. Calling Ed an idiot would be a low blow on idiots worldwide.

I am a little concerned as to why you're so upset I said Ed can't do anything, other than take instructions from BTE, because he really doesn't have a grasp for how anything works, or for what he's doing.

What's wrong with that? It's the Truth, Ed doesn't know how to do anything to help himself go faster.

If it were me I'd have already had the transmission apart, improving efficiency, just for starters.

BTE didn't send ED an efficient transmission, they sent ED a safe transmission, because they too know Ed doesn't know how to do anything.

Yea poor Ed 4.40's is so dam slow. WhatEver

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
quote:

Yea poor Ed 4.40's is so dam slow.

Pig.

We went 4.40 with this 10-12 years ago @ 3250 lbs on a DOT radial tire, second behind Stevie Jackson to go 4.40, same day to go #1 qualifier and radial tire track record holder Palm Beach International Raceway.

First radial car in the world with a 1.125 powerglide input shaft.

Ed is a know nothing poser.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NOC

This ain’t GhettoRacing Talk Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually I have been posting stuff as useless as his post. Thats why i have been naming off O.e.m. converters and converter companies. LOL....this **** show has turned into entertainment for me. For some reason his experience with slow box cars makes him think he is a resident expert on fast dragsters.

Yeah this forum is only entertainment anymore. Few people are going to ask legitimate questions for fear of being put down.

Posts: 287 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
quote:

Yea poor Ed 4.40's is so dam slow.

Pig.

We went 4.40 with this 10-12 years ago @ 3250 lbs on a DOT radial tire, second behind Stevie Jackson to go 4.40, same day to go #1 qualifier and radial tire track record holder Palm Beach International Raceway.

First radial car in the world with a 1.125 powerglide input shaft.

Ed is a know nothing poser.

So now we are comparing Radial car to bracket GTFO with that dumba$$ ****.. I am sure you have some knowledge ,but lets do apples to apples and if 4.40's is slow to you for a bracket ride i can't take anything you say serious .

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post