DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ATI T400 pass thru connector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATI T400 pass thru connector
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
My 400 with an internal solenoid brake came from the builder with a factory pass thru on left side, where the kick down pass thru is located. I had to bend the tang to make clearance for the damn trans shield and I think I bent it too far. I bought an ATI 940340 to replace the one I bent and it's about half the size in diameter. Where's it supposed to go in the case?

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
My 400 with an internal solenoid brake came from the builder with a factory pass thru on left side, where the kick down pass thru is located. I had to bend the tang to make clearance for the damn trans shield and I think I bent it too far. I bought an ATI 940340 to replace the one I bent and it's about half the size in diameter. Where's it supposed to go in the case?

https://www.classictransmissio...g-1968-up-turbo-400/

If you have a transmission parts house (WIT or Transtar) anywhere close, they will have them too, AND may have a dual pin style so you can ground the solenoid outside the case if you need too

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
I know where to get the OEM type, but where does ATI expect their type to go? It's listed for a 400 or glide.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I bet they sent wrong one, we put stock style in ati cases and stock cases. It could have been mispackaged.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
You might be right and I bought 2 even though I knew they looked different in the pic. Scroll down to the bottom of the ATI page I posted and read the description.
https://www.atiracing.com/products/vbody/vbody.htm

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. The Reid and the Trans Specialties cases uses stock area for case connector. ATI has ommited it, and you have to drill somewhere on the case to get it through to valvebody area. Sorry for the confusion. That connector on their site will work for ati cases, you just have to drill a vertical hole in the case, above and beside where pan goes.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wish they'd make that clear on their site and in the catalog. I'll order an OEM from somewhere. Maybe I can find a genuine GM one. Do you know what brand you usually install in a factory case?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
If you want to use those connectors, i would drill and tap pan and put them there.

Jeremiah Hall