DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cam Lock harnesses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cam Lock harnesses
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Regardless of brand, keep it on the crotch belt. Dragster or door car.

I had a set on the lap belt and hated them.
My 2 cents

That is why I've never had a cam lock set yet.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1596 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
My RCI always comes on the lap belt, takes about 2 mins to move it crotch belt.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
Pro Ones here as well

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just installed the new set of Pro1 this week.

Very nice set of belts.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pro 1 is top notch... I ran Simpson for a lot of years, always hated they wouldn’t recertify the belts... not a issue with Pro 1. I’m not sure with all of the manufacturers but on my simpsons you could move the cam lock to the strap you needed it on

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
pro 1

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Well phuque!
So I tried to buy local, couldn't get the Pro 1, couldn't get some others, only available to ship were Impact and RJS, so the dude says yeah the latch will be on the sub belt.

It ain't.

RJS tech support say don't try to move it.

They do sell a 6-point "for road racing" that attaches the latch to the sub.

WTF, I wonder if there's a Youtube video. Confused

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1596 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Question answered, the fixed position cannot be moved in this setup.

Tech guy at RJS had an aha moment when we were discussing the number of people who neglect to use the anti-sub belt, and I said I didn't understand why ALL latches weren't attached to the sub belt.

I bet there is going to be a meeting.

Long story short too late, now I think I'll just get the Pro 1's from the interweb and the passenger seat will have a new set of RJS belts..... Roll Eyes

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Just like that, Pro 1's on the way.

goob- when will I learn.....

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
My Simpson belts are always custom ordered. Non better than Simpson. You won’t find the others mentioned here in the NHRA Pros cars or NASCAR and you won’t find them in my cars either.

The pro's get paid to run Simpson belts. Simpson gives them free product and pays them so all the starry-eyed little girls see their product in the pro's cars and want to grow up to be a pro someday.
Perfect monkey see monkey due situation...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4440 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
pro 1

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I would not run a camlock belt. I saw a guy just about get barbequed fighting with a camlock to get out of a car on fire. No way in hell I'd run a camlock belt.

I think they should be illegal, after seeing that.

People are not as competent as normal, with a blow torch in their face.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I have been using the RCI platinum series for many years...I did my fifth recert this year...60 bucks per recert...teh cam lock is on the crotch belt and always has been...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

The pro's get paid to run Simpson belts. Simpson gives them free product and pays them so all the starry-eyed little girls see their product in the pro's cars and want to grow up to be a pro someday.
Perfect monkey see monkey due situation...

Wrong having the best safety equipment is EVERYTHING for the Pro Teams and everything for me! No amount of free product is worth the risk of losing your life due to running cheap and inferior safety equipment.

The bar was set long ago and I'll continue to run the gold standard... Simpson Race Products, the company born out of burns, crashes and deaths in auto racing, started by Bill Simpson an innovator over 60 years ago and is still unparalleled today and still providing harnesses, suits, helmets to the Professional racers of NHRA and NASCAR as well countless sportsman racers competing in both these organizations.

Simpson...Leading where others can only follow and copy...CHEAPER!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Well phuque!
So I tried to buy local, couldn't get the Pro 1, couldn't get some others, only available to ship were Impact and RJS, so the dude says yeah the latch will be on the sub belt.

It ain't.

RJS tech support say don't try to move it.

They do sell a 6-point "for road racing" that attaches the latch to the sub.

WTF, I wonder if there's a Youtube video. Confused

Send it back and get PRO 1.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3962 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Pro and Sportsman racers are going to PRO 1 in large numbers and for a good reason. They are very high quality and work good.

Rather low intelligence to bad mouth a product you have never tried and no nothing about. Besides this is "Bracket Talk" Not Top Fuel. I will give you a little hint, if Top Fuel guys have something inside their car and a big sticker on the outside of car it is because of MONEY. They are getting paid to put it there.

If you have a nice looking car you are not putting stickers on it because you like the look of the stickers, it is because you want money for it.

Take a walk through the pits of Super Comp or any Sportsman racers and see what WINNERS are running. They like their PRO 1 belts.

Ask any racer here who has ran PRO 1 belts and they will tell you they like them. And if you have not tried them then you are talking out your @$$ about something you know nothing about so STFU and go away. Your opinion is invalid and useless as you are.

Do not get stuck in the past, move into the Present and look to the Future. We remember the Good Old Days but some things are better now.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3962 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I would not run a camlock belt. I saw a guy just about get barbequed fighting with a camlock to get out of a car on fire. No way in hell I'd run a camlock belt.

If that guy doesn't know how to get out of his car safely he shouldn't have been in it in the first place. What's so hard about twisting a knob. You should be able to do it blind folded.It's simple and easy.

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

If that guy doesn't know how to get out of his car safely he shouldn't have been in it in the first place. What's so hard about twisting a knob. You should be able to do it blind folded.It's simple and easy.

I thought I painted the picture well enough. I'll take a do over.

Understandably, with a blow torch in a human beings face, a human is not gonna be as competent
as normally.

If you have a camlock belt, try not to get emotional, this is not to attack your choice of belts.

Rather it is a warning for those with the humility to hear.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Jeff made up a custom set. It took a little over a week. These things are nice. They have the Pro Elite upper aluminium adjusters. https://hosting.photobucket.co...ight=1080&fit=bounds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheBlueTruck,

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
Jeff made up a custom set. It took a little over a week. These things are nice. They have the Pro Elite upper aluminium adjusters.https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ac317/reganw/IMG_3257_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

https://hosting.photobucket.co...ight=1080&fit=bounds

^^^