posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
What happened to the OP?

lol im right here!!
it would be 3 injectors per cylinder which supports up to 4000hp...usinh the holley 220ppgx3

3 sets of injectors will get expensive

For sure. Space will be a big issue. Driving 24 injectors will be a trick. And Now you have the chance of any of the wiring for 24 injectors having an issue, and ruining your day in a moment. I would NOT run 24 injectors. Billet Attomizer and others have monster injectors that would greatly simplify things.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
thanks for all the advice...sounds like a blow through carb may be a better option lol

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
all the injectors come to 5012.00

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I hear that! 8 BA 500's are over $3k on Summit. When you get past the 220 size injectors, the prices goes up dramatically.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Didn't Rons have a mechanical setup with an electronic pressure regulator once? I always thought something like that had potential. We are talking drag racing, right?

Posts: 192 | Location: ny | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
thanks for all the advice...sounds like a blow through carb may be a better option lol

EFI takes a commitment.
https://www.prolineracing.net/...n-procharged-engines

Going thru the APD catalog:
1600cfm alky carb $2K
Pro Boost Pump $600
Bypass regulator $326

I think one needs more components to support boost but this is the short list.
Holley is having their end of the year sales now so you can get a few hundred bucks off on a total setup. They nick you pretty good on harnesses; main, ignition, and injector. Pressure sensors aren't free either; fuel, oil, MAP/boost.
Haltech offers a better package price for an ECM and terminated harness kit.
EFI Technologies was supporting Pro Mods so they are another alternative. (I think they have only one field support guy.)

Posts: 81 | Location: behind this screen | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The key to efi is buying from someone who will give you support and get you going down the track.

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Life would be a lot simpler and faster if you just get a bigger better blower

And again, ^^^THIS^^^

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
The key to efi is buying from someone who will give you support and get you going down the track.

Very wise right there.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And again, ^^^THIS^^^

certainly would be cheaper!!

DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
OP is over his head with anything more than 1 jet.
Don't even talk to "Mr. Deadhook" about wheelspeed

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sammy christian:

Sammy knows! Not worthy

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

hahaha you are such a dink

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of EFI cars in my shop and I would never run more than a single injector...ever! One big set and be done!

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since you brought it up...
I have been very happy with my APD alcohol blow through. I would estimate I am close to the horsepower range you are describing. I have been 6.23 at 224 in a 2000lb car with an F1X-12 with that set up still very conservative on timing. Only running around a 1.00 60ft.

Just something to consider if you decide against the EFI I will say though the the holley EFI stuff is really high quality and user friendly. I have had some experience with it in cars I have wired for other racers but nothing boosted or in the power range you are talking about.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Carb is a whole lot easier and cheaper to deal with....

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post