DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Let's talk about Starting Line Enhancers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's talk about Starting Line Enhancers
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ nice library of runs , do you miss it yet?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
one more small fact,digital delay has .2 delay built in before wide open,in the 22.22 setting

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
one more small fact,digital delay has .2 delay built in before wide open,in the 22.22 setting

Try again. The 2222 setting goes wide open as soon as the transbrake button is pressed.

1111 goes wide open 0.800 before transbrake release.

Any other setting is the "wide open before transbrake release" time.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
you are correct lenny except there is .2 delay built in it can not be changed .i had a long discussion with charlie about this .i started running s/c again and thats when i discovered it

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
you are correct lenny except there is .2 delay built in it can not be changed .i had a long discussion with charlie about this .i started running s/c again and thats when i discovered it

I'd bet you are thinking about the 1111 setting. It is 0.800 before transbrake release, which is roughly 0.200 after the top bulb comes on. They chose that number so you wouldn't be distracted when making your 2nd hit on your own top bulb. Not really a thing anymore in the age of CrossTalk.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a picture of the SLE mounted to the pedal of a dragster?

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've never heard of this before nor can I feel it when SC racing. I can confirm it later by looking at a data log graph. It must be there to give the transbrake a moment to set before the throttle goes wide open. Makes sense.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:

I can get some pics of mine this weekend if nobody else posts. Going to be putting an SLE on my wife's car this winter and I'll likely put it on the pedal for a cleaner install like mine is. Will put a 2.5# bottle near the foot box with an electric shut off solenoid controlled by the ignition. The bottle will stay on and the solenoid will make sure it doesn't go empty. 2.5# bottle lasts about 2 years in my car.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a K&R box, in which u have to hit the bump down button to activate the pro stage feature, question I have is there a way to stage normal with full pedal, then when bottom bulb is lit and you mash tbrake button , then pedal slams to floor?...

Posts: 24 | Location: Peterman, AL | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
posted by rusty:

I've never heard of this before nor can I feel it when SC racing. I can confirm it later by looking at a data log graph. It must be there to give the transbrake a moment to set before the throttle goes wide open. Makes sense.that is correct he said it is to give the trans brake time to set.i can't feel it on the line ,but found it trouble shooting another problem.i tried to get Charlie to remove but he said he couldn't it was written in the software

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I looked at some data logs yesterday and saw that the tbrake sets .2 before the throttle opens with the 2222 setting. I never noticed it in the car. Why would you want it removed?

Here are pictures of the throttle stop mounted on the pedal on my dragster: Picture 1 Picture 2.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
at the time i thought i needed to get the motor up sooner,not sure what was going on ,i changed cylinder and solenoid with no change,bur since have had no other issues.driver with too many dead brain cells i guess lol

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for doubting you, rusty! It sure seems instantaneous to me.

Tony Leonard

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
no big deal lenny

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:

Any pictures of this? I would be curious about it myself as well.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NC3, look a couple posts above. So we did install a throttle stop on my wife's Miller car over the winter as I talked about earlier in the thread. What we did for that one was make a pedal extension that bolts to both sides of the pedal so it's triangulated and strong. The throttle cable mounts in the original location but the pedal extension allows room for the throttle stop. This way everything can be removed and returned to original if we want with little effort. I used a 2.5# bottle mounted in front of her feet with a Biondo automatic shutoff valve hooked to the ignition.

quote:
Originally posted by 183N:

Here are pictures of the throttle stop mounted on the pedal on my dragster: Picture 1 Picture 2.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
183N's looks similar to mine. I pretty much did the same thing. Works like a champ.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I went a different direction for my sle. I used the grid step 5 retard wire used on turbo cars for 2 step spool up. I ran it to the sle output on my digital delay mega 500 with the 11.11 setting . It holds rpms at 2800 until .8 before release of the transbrake at 4800. It works well and no worries about bottle pressure or leaking lines.

Posts: 12 | Location: Texas  | Registered: October 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
How does the spool up work? Is it on the 2 step at 2800 then jumps up to 4800 .8 before the TB releases?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I know K&R box is set for sle to open throttle for 1.1 seconds before the transbrake hits. It can not be changed,every other box can be set for what you want. Which is why a biondo box is on my to get list.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post