DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD Grid O2 Replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD Grid O2 Replacement
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted
Wanting to put a fresh set of O2 sensors in my Grid. What’s a good source for these replacements. Thanks

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If they work properly now, why would you need to replace? Are you using leaded race gas, E85 or methanol?

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
Mark
Running leaded race gas. I have been fighting inconsistent cruise RPM's on my throttle stop. There is also a dip in the RPM graph at times and not others when the stop comes on. The grid is showing a lean spike when the stop comes on. The grid also shows one bank to be leaner than the other. My O2"s are in my collectors. The carb is at ATM for a tune up. I just want new O2's when my carb comes back to have reliable data to try and solve these issues if they are still there. Is there a calibration process for the grid O2 system.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I don’t think you get consistent o2 readings from the collectors on the stop. I may be wrong.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen O2 graphs from sensors installed in collectors with little behind them and the readings were skewed at anything less than WOT. Maybe consider moving one O2 to an individual pipe and try using what you presently have to do a comparison.

I’m new to O2 sensors and have one in the collector on a Holley system now with methanol. There is 15” of pipe and short Dynatech muffler behind it that I believe provides excellent O2 readings coming off WOT and at idle.

I am looking at installing an O2 with Grid in the other side exhaust collector and send the analog signal to Holley.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What type of throttle stop? If it's under the carb, I want to know how it can't be lean? Once the signal to the carb is diminished and the vacuum is pulling on the plate the fuel will go away...just thinking aloud

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
It’s a inline linkage stop. Don’t have room in my scoop to raise the carb 3 inches

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well the principle applies. When the throttle bores close and the signal goes away it will still have a lean condition while the crank speed is above your maintained stop rpm. Meaningless unless it won’t come off the stop clean. There are several threads at other sites about replacement cross reference O2 sensors that are not from the performance market

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post