Find
Notify
Tools

Fess Up Time
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Well, people think I'm an ******* anyway. I got a phone call when I was still employed. I asnwered, "This better well be fooking important I'm up to my a$$ in race car right now!" It was the Mayor I worked for on the other end.

I wasn't distracted here, I just forgot/missed it. I'm disappointed in myself for that. It probably won't happen again. Maybe.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Hey Bruce, Unless I missed something, your oversight and cautious move to load up and head home was just a very minor bump in the road of racing and maintenance. I’d say as things go with these big engines, you are super lucky.
You may of said, but when you tested the lifter for lash in your vise, what did you measure? Also how many runs on that set?
I put 550 runs on my 904 EZX and measured less than .001, so put them back in. I could barely reach 125 runs on Moral or the best Crane lifters before so those lifters was a game changer for me. Failed lifters are so painful.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Hey Bruce, Unless I missed something, your oversight and cautious move to load up and head home was just a very minor bump in the road of racing and maintenance. I’d say as things go with these big engines, you are super lucky.
You may of said, but when you tested the lifter for lash in your vise, what did you measure? Also how many runs on that set?
I put 550 runs on my 904 EZX and measured less than .001, so put them back in. I could barely reach 125 runs on Moral or the best Crane lifters before so those lifters was a game changer for me. Failed lifters are so painful.

Paul, I had less than .001 radial clearance. I don't have a dial indicator that reads in tenths.

You're right, going home was the right move. I had to see that lifter and camshaft. And I couldn't do that there. I don't often get to race with my son but, the chance of additional damage trumped that.

I have my last set of EZX lifters here with right at 500 licks. They measure the same as the one in question..

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Made a mistake? Heck no, not me. Wink On the other hand, I have never paid some one else to run my valve lash adjustments. Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post