DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What Would You Do or Not Do ?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Would You Do or Not Do ?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Seen similar stuff like that years ago....all for a jacket...
and $ and the privilege to compete in the ROC at the Bracket Finals

Or Memphis for the IHRA race of champions. I found that to be a fun race.
I mentioned in another thread: Different strokes. We have a lot going on in life other than racing. Stuff that makes travel and commitment to a season of it more difficult. Having good racing in our back yard and a couple of travel races is a great way to spend a summer. Sure money races have more money. And divisionals are a different scene all together along with national events. We all do what makes sense for our own racing.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There's no right or wrong answers, thoughts or opinions. For the most part you guys are following the main heading ???

As for me, I'm going to do what I have been doing. If the circumstances allow me to with our current delays, rescheduling or not & my pending surgery.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am usually one of the last in line so if you are looking for a duck where I am racing just wait till last minute.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Anymore I just put my car up there depending on what works best for running the jr car. I don't want to get stuck up there without my car in the lanes. Or get stuck up in the front of the lanes while we are fetching the jr.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
What would you do or not do? This is our local points race series for the year so far (7 races). We have 5 more races to run depending on what happens with the schedule. Only 9 races are counted, your 3 lowest races dropped.

This is what I did & one other racer did the last 2 races. 1st round is basically who you line up with. We waited in the back of staging for the 1st place guy to try & line up. Would you do the same, something different or focus on your own races?

I'm the one currently in 2nd.

B- First, Great job! Me....I wouldn’t do anything that takes you out of your zone. It’s hard enough to focus on the task at hand let alone throwing more into the mix. For me anyway! HMMMM JMHO
Just go rounds, it takes care of itself.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I am usually one of the last in line so if you are looking for a duck where I am racing just wait till last minute.

I don't know if that was directed at anyone. My example was me going after the top guy & no one else. Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I won seven thirty three race Super Pro Championships in ten years of racing at Sunshine Drag strip in Florida.

Never looked at the points during the season, ever. If you win, the championships follow.

The last I won, was the last thirty three race season at Sunshine 2008, they got twenty three of the races completed, ten rain outs. I raced twenty one of the races, thirteen final rounds.

Never looked at the points. I'll guarantee if I was racing for points, I'd never win one championship.

Tear that points sheet into tiny pieces and never look again till after someone tells you, you're champion.

Race for money.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

I've won Track Championships before & even at 2 different tracks in one year. It's been a while, because I've been focusing on the bigger payout bracket racing for sometime now.

I decided when & if we or I get to complete the season. I'm going to focus on my program & not chase the leader. I've done that it the past & it didn't work. Guess it's time to try something new.

Thanks again!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
"If your not first your last!!"

Posts: 41 | Location: Work | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Something Northeast Dragway used to do was to pull a random number of cars (between 1 and 3) from the front of one lane (also a random decision) and send them to the back. This was done because at least one track champion had been lining up next to his buddy, every first round (and second?). It worked great. However, points participation has dropped off to the point (no pun intended) they seemed to feel it wasn't worth the effort. So guess what happened... Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Just race, let everyone else play games.

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Part of me wants to ask "How far back are you in points", because if you need to make up 10-15 rounds in 5 races, then yeah, maybe you try something drastic. (Desperate times call for desperate measures?).
But my philosophy is I just do what I do. Run 1 round at a time. Stay in my routine, and if I am on my game, nothing else matters. I don't worry about lane choice, staging first or last, etc. That has worked well for me. Only twice in over 20 years I have changed things up on a race day to "try and make something happen". Both times I shot myself in the foot, because I threw myself out of my routine. (This does not mean I approach each round using the same strategy for dialing or driving, but everything else is pretty much routine, so I can concentrate my focus on the few really critical minutes of each race day).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FootbrakeJim,

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And a gold card

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
Part of me wants to ask "How far back are you in points", because if you need to make up 10-15 rounds in 5 races, then yeah, maybe you try something drastic. (Desperate times call for desperate measures?).

I'm 6 rounds back with 5 scheduled races. Then comes the "but". We don't know what's going to happen with the schedule & I still have major surgery pending. Because of the worlds conditions rights now.

I've decided to focus on my own races & let it play out however. I've always been an aggressive racer, but I guess it's time to change it up a little.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Run your own program and you might get on a tare and then get the Gold Card. I believe you can do it Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Concentrate on winning rounds and the points will take care of themselves.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This was posted in our closed/private LVMS racer facebook account, by our track Manager.

"Some updates: may 29-31 the battle and Brackets are canceled. LODRS June 5-7 postponed until a fall date TBD.
Sorry for the bad news but we still do not have a reopen date per the states phase in plan.
Can’t wait to have an event and see you all back at the track. We miss you.
Stay safe and healthy!"

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Got the text earlier..man this bites..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's a bummer.

What I took out of the message was events cancelled vs. postponed.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, our track re-opened on June 27th for T&T & another July 11th. I didn't attend the 27th & WAS planning on testing/breaking-in the 68 Camaro motor on the 11th. That changed because of surgery scheduled on July 13th. They have our 1st points race scheduled since shutting down in Mar. for July 25th. I should be able to make it. Looks like they may have the last 2 points races in Aug. If they go off as planned, we will be 2 races short of the original schedule.

My plan is to go out & have fun if I'm able. They are going to be night races (thanks), but we normally run daytime races. It would be nice to pull off another Championship. Having fun & doing well is my outlook for the remainder of season.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436