DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Question regarding stance of truck? Driver's side sits lower
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding stance of truck? Driver's side sits lower
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I own a 46 Studebaker that used to be a drag truck and is still set up that way. When looking at the truck from the rear or front it physically sits lower on the driver's side. I am told this may have been intentionally made this way?

Posts: 1 | Location: South East GA | Registered: December 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
lots of things to check,springs may have settled

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ladder Bar or 4 link put it on the scales and see if it has alot of preload . Could be like stated above springs have settled

Posts: 27 | Location: Athens Al | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check the frame height on both sides. Possibly the body was just mounted that way.

I can't think of a reason it would be intentional.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am gonna guess it had preload in the right rear and over the years the left front spring has settled. My old car did the exact thing.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post