DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dry Sump on a Dart Big M
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dry Sump on a Dart Big M
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted
OK, I am getting ready to install a dry sump system on my 615 with a dart big M block. Question I have is do I just need to remove the old oil pump and install a block off plate where pump mounts on main cap? I couldnt find any info looking around online. Thanks

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Here you go... You putting a primer on it too?

https://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/23790/10002/-1

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
I bought one of those alreadything that was all I would have to do. Good deal. And I will pull belt and use my drill like I do on my dragster dry sump

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Tap the hole in the cap for a .15 1/4 npt plug. done.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
This is a running engine so I will use the cap its not feasible to tap it right now. Thanks guys

Mike Buchwald