DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    66 Chevy II hood
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

66 Chevy II hood
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Who makes the best hoods on the market right now for a 66 Chevy II fiberglass hood. I am very OCD about fitment and gaps

Thanks

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If he makes it or will, this is what you want, none better.

http://www.joevano.ca/

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Joe V. My Sunfire carbon hood with Vic Custer scoop are second to none in my opinion.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Joe van o is without a doubt one of if not the nicest. In looking for parts for my 77 camaro I’ve found most don’t carry the correct parts for that year except GLASSTEK. They have really nice parts also so maybe look at their offerings.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So unfortunately joe does not make any Chevy II products. A weird one not to make in my opinion.

Alternative suggestions?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got a Harwood from JEGS not long ago, It's pretty darn good.

Reasonable price too. Best I could find.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
i just bought a Glasstek for my 67 with a 2 inch cowl a few months ago. the guy i bought it from changed directions. I haven't started on it yet but will in a few weeks. I heard Glasstek was good....we will see how if fits.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Have not bought hood in while but Hardwoods use to be nice stuff.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a Harwood hood for my '66 Nova. It fits perfectly. They have been in business a long, long time.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe C:
I have a Harwood hood for my '66 Nova. It fits perfectly. They have been in business a long, long time.

Funny just thinking when I bought hood for my 66 Nova was 35 years ago and they had been in business for long time then.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Relatively sure Harwood has been bought out but still in East Texas. I can't remember the exact year but a buddy I raced with provided Gary Harwood with the 77 Vega front end, doors, and deck lid for his molds and actually got the first fiberglass kit. I think it was 83 or 84 but things were really crazy back then so who knows.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Racerdude try Barnett. I have bought some nice Harwood from him. If you have to put a little money in it. It still might be your best bet. They have always been good to me too.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post