DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier Drag Bracket Radial 29,5/10,5R15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier Drag Bracket Radial 29,5/10,5R15
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have ordered Hoosier Drag Bracket Radial tire
for my Chevelle 66 3700lbs BBC 598 n/a 953hp 808lbft PG S60 4,10 TRZ suspension ARB with Afco d/a front and rear need some basic shock settings and how much anti squat

Posts: 18 | Location: sweden | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
You want the IC to be short and high. Less than 35" long and 9 to 10" high. Basically lower bars 3 to 5 degrees uphill in the front and upper bars 10 to 15 degrees down in the front.

Rear shocks you want the compression on the firm side, about 3/4 of full tight. Rear rebound you want it on the looser side. SO with an Afco (rear settings), probably 8 to 10 from full tight on compression and maybe 24 from tight on rebound.

Tire pressure, start at 16 psi. Depending on the cars weight, power and how hard it hits the tire, you could wind up as high as 24 (low hp/heavy car). For your given combination, I would think your gonna be 16-19 psi.

With the radial you wanna hit the tire hard, allow the rear suspension to separate, then hold that separation as the car drives out.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
I've been running the M/T 10.5 x 29.5 PBR a while now, on a 12" wheel. 3085 lbs, 1015 hp with the restrictor plate set for an 8.50 ET. The M/T has a stiffer sidewall than the Hoosier. I've been trying to get a pair of the Hoosiers but they are just now slowly getting them manufactured. Given the softer sidewall, you may find you need to run the air pressure a little higher than the M/T and possibly a little tighter rear rebound. Just gonna have to test and see what the car likes on your given track prep.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post