DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Ron’s toilet Enderle 80a-1 pump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ron’s toilet Enderle 80a-1 pump
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Can I have a show of people who run a Terminator or Toilet with a Enderle 80a-1 pump? Show motor size nozzle size and main return pill. Thanks

Posts: 17 | Location: Alpine AL | Registered: September 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
598 Chevy in dragster 39 nozzle 90 return pill

Posts: 17 | Location: Alpine AL | Registered: September 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Can we get some help. Thanks.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Call Killer Rons @ 812-327-1190. James Monroe and Scott Offermann will give you the expert advice on your toilet / terminator MFI installation.

Posts: 2439 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My personal recommendation is to have the system flowed. I had Steve Casner do mine but there are several on here, Dave Kohler comes to mind, that can do it for you.

My system worked okay before but after flowing it I used three pills from Denver to Houston. In Denver I had to move the throttle blades to .013 from .010 since the DA was so high. Other than that, no changes.

Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree about being flowed. Ralph Gorr(well Spike now),Kohler,FIE and Rick Hickman in Tenn.come to mind. Not sure Rick still does systems for others but he is closest to Al.. Never sued FIE but hear hes pretty good.

You can go to FIE's web site and use his tuneup calculator and get real close on jetting.

With enderle pump.Have you looked inside pump for scarring.They will in 1/4 second if they hear the words run dry.Does not have to be huge scar to kill flow. I have shelf full of older pumps that heard those words.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Taking a swag I would run .037 nozzles and 110 to 120 at std. air. The smaller nozzles would give more system pressure.25 to 30% bv leakage on enderle cube bv.What Ron's bv would be I can't say never worked with one.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
:

632 with an enderele "toilet" set up. 0.5 pump, 32/34 nozzles, 105 to .110 bypass
with big chief heads

632 with dart 374cc heads; 1.0 pump, 32/34 nozzles, .120 to .125 bypass

the range of the bypass is the range where it ran the same approximate number and the only difference was in the amount of heat it made.

bob Spelic

Posts: 37 | Location: Pittsburgh, pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am not using a terminator but a bird catcher and i also have a 598 and i am using 80A-1 pump and my nozzles are 40 with a 115 pill depending on the weather.90 seems to be awful small for a pill with that big of a pump.

Posts: 33 | Location: waverly tn | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You are right.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
With the flow characteristics of the different barrel valves (even if the same manufacturer) and also the plumbing of the system it is really difficult to compare tunes. Then you have pump drive ratios, health of the pump, and other variables.

In your quest to compare tunes keep in mind that a Ron's purple or the really old black barrel valves flow significantly less than the new style (grey in color and 3014A part number). I've personally switched between the old style and new style and also know of many others and it isn't all that abnormal to see as much as 20 pills sizes difference in the tune just by changing the barrel valve.

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
632 Conv Head 80a-1. 38 nozzles 102 ret runs mid 4.40s in a 08 Racetech
632 18* Heads Rons -1 pump. 39 nozzles 112 return runs high 4.40’s @ 1970 lbs in a 08 American

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This is good information. Barrel valve plays a large part in the return pill. Thanks everybody.