DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Gasoline & Diesel Prices in Your Area?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gasoline & Diesel Prices in Your Area?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
There is over 10 million cars and trucks registered in Los Angles county alone. State board of equalization reported sales in 2015 alone were 15.1 billions of fuel sold in that year.... taxes divided between county , state and feds must be huge....

And we are not getting our moneys worth in road repair! I5 tears up tractor, trailer and my already junk back!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
gas $1.80 a gal
diesel $2.36

Central Texas!

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1298 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Gas $2.10ish Diesel $3.00ish

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
There is over 10 million cars and trucks registered in Los Angles county alone. State board of equalization reported sales in 2015 alone were 15.1 billions of fuel sold in that year.... taxes divided between county , state and feds must be huge....

And we are not getting our moneys worth in road repair! I5 tears up tractor, trailer and my already junk back!

Laughing very hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
here in vegas diesel at truck stops high 3.40s
at c-stores mid 3.30s
gas has been pretty constant in the 3.20 range
diesel went up to 3.49 for a couple of days last month

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have lived on the same road for more than 27 years, the County has NEVER swept the road, NEVER fixed a pot h0le and NEVER done anything to reduce the flooding. The County claims they sweep the road every other month, everyone who lives here knows that is a lie!

During that 27 year period I have paid more than $114,700 in property taxes as have the other 21 property owners that live on this road. That comes to $2,408,700 in property taxes......not one single pot h0le fixed.

Now the gasoline tax is more than $1.00 per gallon and our vehicle registration has increased more than 40% all (per the Governor) to fix the roads. That will never happen, just like it never happened in the past 27 years. It’s all a scam by these Bank Robbing maggots.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bob, you're not alone. Same situation here. They've collected millions from us in this neighborhood, yet when we go to the road department, they tell us that they maintain it once a month. Lie. They have no record of it. I don't have record of them doing anything either.

Here's a good one that will make one think a little. Where I used to live, the old mayor and his city council "beautified" the downtown areas by making the streets narrower and harder to park in an attempt to "draw customers to downtown businesses". How ya gonna get people to shop downtown if they can't park anywhere near where they're gonna shop? Idiot. Anyway, he didn't run for reelection in '16. The new mayor used to be the fire chief. Well known, respected. But here's the kicker. During the campaign he promised that he'd fix the streets, and they have ALL needed some sort of repair for at least 25 years. So he gets elected and yes he's fixing the streets, but ONLY those streets where the longtime police officers and firefighters live. The rest of the roads are still falling apart...completely. Residential neighborhood streets reduced to gravel. Some would be much better off as gravel roads. All the while, the taxes being paid in by the 70,000 residents of the town are going where? The street budget for 2018 was $400,000....what does that tell ya?

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Raising taxes to repair roads has been a favorite scam of Politicians since the beginning of time. As the roads get worse the appeal, then the lie, becomes greater. What was improved here was the area inside the off ramp circles on the freeways. Cal Trans crews eradicated the weeds then poured mulch over the area. No pot holes were fixed, no safety issues resolved just BS!

There is an Elementry School two blocks from our house, there are zero sidwalks, no street lights so the 6 and 7 year old kids walk down a narrow two lane road in the dark. During the shorter day light winter months that’s everyday. They come to school in the partial dark and leave as the light is fading. Not a big problem until parents bringing their kids to school park their cars on the road side forcing everyone to walk IN the lanes of traffic.

For 27 years it’s been the same, promises and no results, worthless career Politicians scamming the public. It will take a disaster to get anything done, (disaster = one or more dead children).

More money is spent on parades featuring local Politicians than public safety.

Sorry for the long rant......

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The fuel tax money should be earmarked for what it is intended but unfortunately who can police this? They will do it until they get caught. It’s a shame the tax initiative to recall failed. That would have been a slap in thier face. I bet the roads to Jerry’s place or any State Rep is nicely paved and groomed. The bridge/dam and infrastructure money has been collected for years and you can bet they spent that on doo doo. Failed dams, failed bridges, failed roads.. failed government... Full Moon ok I’m done.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbc...5f1dade1&oe=5C93C9D5

Friday
Buccees @ Texas Motor Speedway

Diesel $2.46

Reg Unleaded $1.77

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post