New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro Tree RT's
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That would be my approach though. Make everything better than ever, then when you find what you lost, you'll have more numbers in the box, than ever.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
I recently went to the D2 national open race at Silver Dollar. in sst I normally run 060 delay to be high 00 to 10. there I had 018 to be teen. it had a lot of people scratching heads. all of the heads up classes were struggling.

ep-

They're (compulink) all going .370 (Super Comp, Super Gas) and .470 Pro Tree (Super Street), it's just a matter of time and updates - resources $$.

Standardize Compulink timing systems.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I'll send this JW Pro Tree valve body I have, you'll be redder than Santa Claus on Christmas eve.

One of the best kept secrets in drag racing, JW has the fastest VB's.

My factory condition Nova goes double 00 370 pro tree JW valve body 3200 lbs 10 x 28 bias.

The only way I believe that is if you do it at a race I’m at and you get in the S/G line or S/C line at one of our Lucas series races.

I’ll make it easy on you and make it Maple Grove....

So you think Bradenton is 400 Pro Tree? I get it now what you're saying. It's not though, unless SGMP is a 430 Pro Tree.

People who go double 0's at SGMP, go 030's at Bradenton.

People who go double 0's at Orlando, go 030's at Bradenton too.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think there's a possibility Orlando is 370 Pro Tree now, because they have the blue LED stage lights, which tells me they have the latest updates, which also makes sense, being they have a Pro Stock invitational I believe, is now an annual event.

If you haven't raced on that tree, it's super nice. It takes the sun out of the equation, for delay in the box.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
So since I am eating lunch and cooling off with a cold McDonalds large soda....

Before my last race in S/C I made some changes trying to speed up my RT's....AGAIN !
Removed the aluminum Coan VB and put my iron ATD Hipster VB in the trans in my car.

Shimmed the solenoid with one thick washer and brake still held fine

Tried to shim my tans brake button but there was virtually ZERO slack in there.

Dropped the launch rpm a couple hundo and went to Numidia......optimistic since I usually have some decent luck there....

First hit pretty much the same RT....weak .030 something
Bumped the launch rpm back up....changed air pressure a little and changed shock extension by quite a bit.

I've been experimenting with shocks.....softer, tighter......trying to see what might affect RT's or 60's

Next hit .000 RT with ZERO delay in the box and an 8.899..... One thou from a perfect run...Nice, I'll take that I will
Time for round 1 of the first race of the weekend

Add .010 delay.....and another .000 rt and I break out a few thou and I'm not even gonna tell that story....suffice it to say I drove poorly from 1000' to the stripe...

The next run was the next day.... .015 delay and .008 RT
Went down hill somewhat from there on next run but we'll throw that one out...

Lost rd 1 in the second race to one of the best out there in a real good race... 8.892 to 8.894...RT was off a bit but not terrible .028 opponent was .006 and we were both on it off it top end.....I just needed to squeeze the brakes both races a touch more and did not....I forgot the left pedal is often your best friend ......

Bottom line is the tracks really made more difference than anything I did in my opinion anyway

Numidia is by far THE best prepared track you could run on and it gives you every opportunity to lay down really tight runs and RT's......

.000 lights were popping up a lot and I had 2 of them and won ZERO rounds.......

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
So since I am eating lunch and cooling off with a cold McDonalds large soda....

Before my last race in S/C I made some changes trying to speed up my RT's....AGAIN !
Removed the aluminum Coan VB and put my iron ATD Hipster VB in the trans in my car.

Shimmed the solenoid with one thick washer and brake still held fine

Tried to shim my tans brake button but there was virtually ZERO slack in there.

Dropped the launch rpm a couple hundo and went to Numidia......optimistic since I usually have some decent luck there....

First hit pretty much the same RT....weak .030 something
Bumped the launch rpm back up....changed air pressure a little and changed shock extension by quite a bit.

I've been experimenting with shocks.....softer, tighter......trying to see what might affect RT's or 60's

Next hit .000 RT with ZERO delay in the box and an 8.899..... One thou from a perfect run...Nice, I'll take that I will
Time for round 1 of the first race of the weekend

Add .010 delay.....and another .000 rt and I break out a few thou and I'm not even gonna tell that story....suffice it to say I drove poorly from 1000' to the stripe...

The next run was the next day.... .015 delay and .008 RT
Went down hill somewhat from there on next run but we'll throw that one out...

Lost rd 1 in the second race to one of the best out there in a real good race... 8.892 to 8.894...RT was off a bit but not terrible .028 opponent was .006 and we were both on it off it top end.....I just needed to squeeze the brakes both races a touch more and did not....I forgot the left pedal is often your best friend ......

Bottom line is the tracks really made more difference than anything I did in my opinion anyway

Numidia is by far THE best prepared track you could run on and it gives you every opportunity to lay down really tight runs and RT's......

.000 lights were popping up a lot and I had 2 of them and won ZERO rounds.......

Only a matter of when now.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rich, as I already stated, the tree at LV is very loose, the track marginal and the place is a shyt hole, no comparison to Numidia which is bar far the best prepped track in D1.

That said, retard rietow is clueless and is delusional thinking anyone here that has a clue would follow his bullshyt. He's a wannabe go fast guy with a mid 6 second cut up shyt box. He has no business taking about anything related to NHRA super classes or fast door cars and dragsters and I've got $2,500 that says he won't show up at Piedmont's Door Slammer Nationals to prove his claims are more than internet forum bullshyt and LIES!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Ed...Rietow spews more nonsense than Strange Magic used to.....

And throw in the non racing oriented stuff and there is no reason to pay attention to anything he says.

I like the entertainment though and he does come up with some funny stuff sometimes.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What is your launch RPM?

Posts: 400 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: April 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Rich

One thing I have noticed, good air and a tight track lead to lead delay than normal due to tire wrap, more power and the track to grab it wrinkles the tires more so the car reacts slower. As you stated, you have the driver RT's then the car RT's. Usually a small amount of tire spin at the hit yields faster car RT's.

I don't stop race and have heard the sidewall fatigue deal slowing RT's, makes senses but I haven't seen that on my car. I have over 250 runs on the tires, both RT's and 60's are still great. I do feel there is a sweet spot with regards to your combo vs launch rpm and good consistent RT's, to low and to high mess with them IMO.

I want to say the folks I talked to that ran the Valley were taking out about ten from there normal delay unless you were looking right into the sun!

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've already been double 0's 370 pro tree transmission I built with a 3200lb all steel Nova on a 10 x 28 tire, 23 sbc and triple chrome plated bumpers.

In less than 5 test runs of building the transmission.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have a question. What is difference in pro tree and leaving on top bulb? I am asking because I see lot of guys posting about pro tree RT's. Unless one is .4 and other is .5 tree ,should be same.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
I have a question. What is difference in pro tree and leaving on top bulb? I am asking because I see lot of guys posting about pro tree RT's. Unless one is .4 and other is .5 tree ,should be same.

Tracks are transitioning to .370 and .470 from .400 and .500 Pro Tree.

Letting go on the top bulb on a full tree, you run delay.