DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Very nice truck! You are gonna love it when you finally get it!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
He really deserves it too. Goob your a good man trying to take the family all together.Wow diesel 1.50 more a gallon. Confused Oh Goob I have been living in a double wide trailer more then half my life on lots of land. Don't know if you have been getting all the trailer park jokes or not. Does it change my IQ level? Worries me Relaxing

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
He really deserves it too. Goob your a good man trying to take the family all together.Wow diesel 1.50 more a gallon. Confused Oh Goob I have been living in a double wide trailer more then half my life on lots of land. Don't know if you have been getting all the trailer park jokes or not. Does it change my IQ level? Worries me Relaxing

I just consider the source, and PNM.

I love those grandkids more than life itself, and for them to actually want to go with us, is priceless.

We need the new truck because we might finally get that double wide.
I have just been using the old dually to move the trailer when the lot rent comes due.....livin' our best life here. Relaxing

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
January 22 order, still not building it.
Looks like I'll be getting a 2023 model? 2022 production cutoff day is looming large.
Glad I don't need the truck.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Well, still no truck being built.
July 12 is the advertised cutoff date for 2022 model production, so I guess I'm going to get a 2023 model...
Ordered January 22nd

Let's go Brandon!!!

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Well, still no truck being built.
July 12 is the advertised cutoff date for 2022 model production, so I guess I'm going to get a 2023 model...
Ordered January 22nd

Let's go Brandon!!!

So you think you will get it in 23?

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta wonder how they are keeping busy. Or keeping the doors open

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Can't say Joe. Confused

Bucky:
I've been watching the IH used truck center next door sitting with near ZERO trucks on their lot for almost 2 years now...can't deliver new trucks, you have no used trucks.
Car dealerships....
All full of commission paid sales and service people..... Frown

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone not want a Diesel. They are far more efficient than a gas engine.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My '96 GMC with a 7.4 (454) was a dog compared to my 2007 Duramax.

With the exact same trailer and load in the pickup, NO comparison between the 2 in pulling power...

The Duramax gets better MPG and pulls like a freight train and it's dead stock

The Duramax could get 20MPG on the highway by itself at moderate speed

The 7.4 got 15 tops going to Florida when I first bought it new....

Both were/are HD2500's 4x4 single rear wheel....

The Duramax is still my daily driver and runs like brand new with 104,000 miles on it...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
this dumbass not only ordered a gas dually but really believes he's going to buy it for less than window sticker IF they build it at all which is highly unlikely with THOUSANDS of Duramax diesel duallies on order! Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
Why would anyone not want a Diesel. They are far more efficient than a gas engine.

It's taken me 20 years to put 32,000 miles on the truck I have.
Why would I want a diesel? Trade a few MPG for 3x the maintenance cost, plus DEF, plus the stench and noise? No thanks.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
Picture of johnracer
posted Hide Post
This^^ Im in the same boat and a diesel doesnt make sense...My ego doesnt require me to be able to pass everything on the road

Posts: 51 | Location: Rifle Colorado | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
this dumbass not only ordered a gas dually but really believes he's going to buy it for less than window sticker IF they build it at all which is highly unlikely with THOUSANDS of Duramax diesel duallies on order! Laughing very hard

I just got a new ford dually, i did actually get it below sticker, only because i ordered it…

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then you got the only deal in the country because I know people that have order trucks in NJ, NY and PA and the dealers wouldn't/won't give them the price until the truck came in/comes in. I know people that have paid between $10-$30k over window for GM trucks and Cadillac Escalades.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

With the exact same trailer and load in the pickup, NO comparison between the 2 in pulling power...

The Duramax is still my daily driver and runs like brand new with 104,000 miles on it...

How do the 6.0l gassers compare to the old big blocks?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that the Duramax/Allison will hold some value. I just bought a 2005 Dulley with 209K on it with a new LBZ with 600 miles on it. I didn't want that many miles but I know the history and who bought it new (Stinnett). It's super clean and I was thinking some of that winning mojo would rub off! Smile

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

My new 6.6 gas is like a rocket ship compared to those old BBC. Tows nice. My wife went to TN from NJ with my 28' enclosed trailer and got 8-10 MPG. It's no where near as good as a diesel for power. I don't do a ton of mileage and don't want the headaches of DEF.The power steering in the new GM trucks is like butter compared to my identical 2015.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

This is the new 6.6 gasser, it's got good numbers, I expect it to way outperform my ancient 454 on power and mileage.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
I can tell you that the Duramax/Allison will hold some value. I just bought a 2005 Dulley with 209K on it with a new LBZ with 600 miles on it. I didn't want that many miles but I know the history and who bought it new (Stinnett). It's super clean

209k on a diesel and the engine is shot?? How long/ weight trailer are you planning on pulling??

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post