DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Ordered weekend of January 22, still no VIN or progress on building the truck. The Kan a Duh protests had production in Lansing goofed up I guess.

"Your order has been submitted by your dealer, but not officially accept by GM yet"

Just keeping track here..... Cool

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I bet your lucky to get it before the 2023 model year. A guy that works for me has been over 4 months so far waiting on his GM.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you said....how heavy is the trailer?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Current trailer is 8k ish. Should be nothing for this truck.
Future trailer I'll try to keep around 12k ?

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Current trailer is 8k ish. Should be nothing for this truck.
Future trailer I'll try to keep around 12k ?

Oh that will be like nothing is back there I would reckon.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Still no V.I.N. for my build.... Frown

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
wait to they tell you how much you're going to pay for it. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I've got my number, not skeered.
I want the truck, but I don't need the truck.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Around here the dealers are charging $15-20k over window depending on zip code and model for pickups. Yesterday my driver for the car service I used, picked me up in a new Cadilac Escalade that he paid $30k over window.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
^^^^thats nuckin futs^^^^

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
We towed 45' Goldrush across the country with a 1988 Chevy gas 454 dually. NC to Nebraska,up to Canada and down to Oklahoma. Never had an issue and ran it hard running 80 plus most of the trips. Put 180k on it.Sold it for almost what we paid for it.

With cost of new trucks In would by one of those 30 yo dually and drop new powertrain in it in a minute if could find one with decant body and rear fenders still attached.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Around here the dealers are charging $15-20k over window depending on zip code and model for pickups. Yesterday my driver for the car service I used, picked me up in a new Cadillac Escalade that he paid $30k over window.

$30K over sticker?! Who the f*** pays that? 30K is an entire vehicle! Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
someone that can afford to pay $30K over the $125K window sticker.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Prices are different from state to state.
Here in the Northeast vehicle prices are VERY high.
I just sold my 2018 WRX STI 50th Anniversary Edition to the Subaru dealer I bought it from for $15,000 MORE than I paid for it NEW in 2018. They called me seeing if I wanted to sell it. Of course I let it go.

They sold it THAT DAY, I don't know for how much but I'm sure the price was up there and they had a buyer waiting.

My neighbor just bought a NEW 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Gladiator for $90,000, it was the ONLY Wrangler on the lot with NO date on when others will be delivered with NO other local dealerships having ANY Wranglers.

Vehicles are SCARCE up here and getting worse by the day especially if you want something nice with a few options.
SUPPLY and DEMAND

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
someone that can afford to pay $30K over the $125K window sticker.

All of the wealthy people I know are wealthy precisely BECAUSE they don't do stupid ish like that...

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m friends with two billionaires, trust me when they what something, they buy it no matter the stupidity/cost.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
The first dealer I went to said it would be $5K over sticker, and I said not for me, walked into my little rural dealer and got no such bull, made the order.
The market may be stupid, but I'm not, and I don't have to participate.

I'm with Tom.

LOL, I walked away from a new 2001 Duramax, loaded, because they wanted $28K for it.
"I ain't giving $30K for a f'kn truck"
Laughing Hard

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The past 6 months have actually been a great time to buy a new car/ truck, especially if you have something nice to get out of as the used car/ truck prices for those selling are the best I’ve ever seen. Location determining pricing of course.

In Sept 2021 I ordered a new Ram 1500 and was able to negotiate $6700 off MSRP locally and had the truck in 8 weeks. Could have done $2k better if ordering 1400 miles South of where I live. My price was locked in when ordered and the MSRP went up $800 in the time it took to receive the truck.

My wifes car was 10 yr /95k miles old, excellent condition and we decided to replace with same model. In October 2021 several dealers I contacted said No Factory Order outs on the vehicle we wanted coming out of Canada and anything on the lot was MSRP Plus. I contacted several other dealers ****her away from the busiest citys and found one that would Factory Order exactly what we wanted for MSRP plus $300. Took 5 months to get and we sold the old car ourselves for $4k more than what we were going to ask 5 months prior.

My cash is worth less today than what it was 6 months ago.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I forget, what color and trim level did you get? I assume this is a 6 or 8L80E trans? Might have been mentioned before.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I forget, what color and trim level did you get? I assume this is a 6 or 8L80E trans? Might have been mentioned before.

Summit White, 6L90 trans.
SLT with 21 options

Not sure if the build link is still good....
Yup, I see the price has increased about $1600 since I ordered.

Build summary

Dave Cook
N375