DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Haters gonna hate, brings this back to the top after 2 days dormant. Another nobody on this forum as well on the track that contributes NOTHING to this forum but posts like this full of hate and drama.

Pot, meet Kettle. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1622 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Haters gonna hate, brings this back to the top after 2 days dormant. Another nobody on this forum as well on the track that contributes NOTHING to this forum but posts like this full of hate and drama.

Pot, meet Kettle. Roll Eyes

It's what lefty's do, invert reality.

Projection - gaslighting.

By projecting himself on you, Ed makes himself an innocent victim.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A good current example of inverting reality is how the current Democrat communist party claimed Trump was a mad man dictator who'd lead America to the brink of nuclear war, which never even came close to happening.

But when they got their grimy fingers on the button, they did exactly what they accused Trump of.

Accuse the opposition of what you're guilty of - nazi's.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The MONKEY SEE...MONKEY DO... T/F Headset Wearing #1 loser B1tch is pissed that he has to see his FAKE DELUSIONAL INFO brought back to the top.

Laughing very hard

2BKing Razz

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
The MONKEY SEE...MONKEY DO... T/F Headset Wearing #1 loser B1tch is pissed that he has to see his FAKE DELUSIONAL INFO brought back to the top.

Laughing very hard

2BKing Razz

There is a reason that many no longer contribute here. And responding to that reason and supporting the forum that allows it is simply enabling the behavior. Life is full of choices.
Pm’s responded to.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I'd like for Eddie to point out where I have ever lied about anything, and provide proof. Confused

Whatcha got Eddie, besides manboobs and psychosis?

goob- I love it when Pigley loses it, and forgets grammar in his posts.....

quote:
goober I've shown up in Indy for the US Nationals for the past 3 years and of course you were no where to be found just like you were nowhere to be found when the NJFD came to your home track and ran the table winning all 3 days!

Again, you're a liar goober and always have been on this forum that's why you were banned for years

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1622 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
He's busy taking good advice.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Goob,

How's that new Dually working for you? Smile

2BKING is enjoying his Dually! Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I'm digging it!
It's damn near worth what I paid for it, and that's hard to say.

700 miles towing so far, impression:

Power is excellent, looks like MPG will settle in the mid 8's, braking is beyond excellent, and the overall vehicle is a home run, fit and finish are flawless.

We're very pleased, can't wait to get racing season started.

I'm probably going to need to remove the muffler, can't hear this thing run.

How's yours??

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm digging it!
It's damn near worth what I paid for it, and that's hard to say.

700 miles towing so far, impression:

Power is excellent, looks like MPG will settle in the mid 8's, braking is beyond excellent, and the overall vehicle is a home run, fit and finish are flawless.

We're very pleased, can't wait to get racing season started.

I'm probably going to need to remove the muffler, can't hear this thing run.

How's yours??

Good to hear & glad you're enjoying something you wanted!

Ours is a garage queen & yes it fits in our oversized garage. We have 1,860 miles on it, it was bought for towing only. While most of the unloaded 5 or 6 hundred miles came from the break-in process. I can't believe we have 1,200 miles of race towing with it. I guess I've been busy racing! Big Grin

We average about 9.6 when towing under various speeds 55-70 mph & conditions ranging from stop & go, flats & medium grades.

Power wise, it's a beast! Looks, fit & finish is excellent & the ride is pretty good for a 3500. It's definitely a limo for pulling the race trailer.

2BKING Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Not knowing any better myself, I think we both got what we wanted for now....
I'm hoping to spend enough time on the internet seeking facts and advice to someday be a real racer with actual cool stuff. Wink

goob- one can dream

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
You’re doing better than us.

Ford Maverick ordered 8/8/21. Scheduled to hit the production line on 10/31/22. 15 months! Expected delivery to the dealer in Horsham PA is 12/4/22

We are paying 4% below invoice for the little mini truck by ordering from a dealer several states away.

Saw this thread pop back up so I thought I would update my post which has zero relevance to a gas powered dually... Big Grin

The little baby truck finally came in. We flew up to Philly on January 3 2023 and drove it home. 513 days after we ordered it.

39MPG on the 521 mile ride home. Stopped for fuel about a mile from the house. It is now averaging 41 MPG since we have had it. It wont pull ****, but its a good little baby truck for the CFO to drive. I like it too!

Ive got the ecoboost version on order for myself.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Man, that was a long wait!
Glad y'all got it home, and even happier that you're enjoying it!

Even better, you didn't have to spend $30K over sticker for it, like the EXPERT said. Laughing Hard

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
My old Dually popped up on the market for $26K this week after the new owner polished the turd a little. I hope he gets it.

Anyway, after 1256 miles, this truck is absolutely terrific. I'm learning what it likes, covered the last 25 miles home from the track at 8.8 mpg rolling 67-68 mph.
I learned late in this trip that in tow/haul mode I can coerce the transmission into grabbing a higher range, so cruising 68 at 1800 RPM, maybe it will learn this?
I think I can get 9+ mpg from it now. That's a 50% fuel saving over the old truck.
The 6L90 trans is probably the only disappointment to this truck, although I'm certain it's going to be fine.
All the power I could need, and the comfort is exceptional.
Absolutely no regrets.

Almost 20,000 views about a STUPID White truck, that WILL NEVER BE BUILT, AND NEVER BOUGHT FOR LESS THAN STICKER PRICE. Laughing Hard NahNahTounge

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
My old Dually popped up on the market for $26K this week after the new owner polished the turd a little. I hope he gets it.

Anyway, after 1256 miles, this truck is absolutely terrific. I'm learning what it likes, covered the last 25 miles home from the track at 8.8 mpg rolling 67-68 mph.
I learned late in this trip that in tow/haul mode I can coerce the transmission into grabbing a higher range, so cruising 68 at 1800 RPM, maybe it will learn this?
I think I can get 9+ mpg from it now. That's a 50% fuel saving over the old truck.
The 6L90 trans is probably the only disappointment to this truck, although I'm certain it's going to be fine.
All the power I could need, and the comfort is exceptional.
Absolutely no regrets.

Almost 20,000 views about a STUPID White truck, that WILL NEVER BE BUILT, AND NEVER BOUGHT FOR LESS THAN STICKER PRICE. Laughing Hard NahNahTounge

Glad you like your truck & that mpg is pretty good! Plus, you got your 20,000 views. Big Grin

Our truck has 3,700 miles on it now. I was hoping to get a little better than the 9-mpg avg when towing; oh well, didn't buy it for the mileage! Wink

2BKING Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Goob how much weight and what type of trailer are you pulling? I have the 6L90 in my 2010, and still going strong. I'd like the extra HP that they are putting into the newer trucks. 1800 rpm sounds wonderful if you can hold onto it. I'm assuming it's a 4.10 gear.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
You have to be out of your mind to pay 60K plus for a gas job dually.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Goob how much weight and what type of trailer are you pulling? I have the 6L90 in my 2010, and still going strong. I'd like the extra HP that they are putting into the newer trucks. 1800 rpm sounds wonderful if you can hold onto it. I'm assuming it's a 4.10 gear.

I'll never put enough miles on this truck to worry about the trans, it works well, it'd probably just feel better to have an Allison.

3.73 gear, pulling the 24' enclosed, car, golf cart, on board generator, and spare part and tool boxes. Probably between 8000 and 9000, I need to scale it some time.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:

Okay. Roll Eyes

Says the guy racing Oldsmobile parts..... Laughing Hard

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:

Okay. Roll Eyes

Says the guy racing Oldsmobile parts..... Laughing Hard

What Olds parts am i racing. Cant wait to hear this one.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post