DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gasoline Dually powertrains **UPDATED**
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
The 6l90 is NOT a reliable transmission for what you are wanting to do. The converters start eating up 50-60k miles. If you do go that route, have the transmission serviced AT a GM dealer every 50,000 miles. We have rebuilt 150 6l80/6l90s this year alone, every single one of them starts with the converter ****ting the bed. Most of the time we are rebuilding those transmissions between 100-130k miles.

Great. Frown
So you're saying add the tube of LubeGard Shudder Stop as soon as I get it? Cool

Well, the good news is...I wont live to see 50K miles.
Took me 19 years to clock 31k on the unit I have now.

hahahaha..... I guess it wouldnt hurt. I will say this, this might be a good test to put Transynd in it.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I put some of that stuff in the '05 4T60 that was my wife's daily at about 60K, it's rolling on 233k now...factory original fluid. Eek

goob- knockin' wood

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1616 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
I put some of that stuff in the '05 4T60 that was my wife's daily at about 60K, it's rolling on 233k now...factory original fluid. Eek

goob- knockin' wood

I am also assuming you or your wife dont drive like a bunch of idiots either. That trans, around here anyways, usually goes out around 120k. But we are known for being stop light city

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
It has a pretty good life.

My G-20 4L60E has about 130k on it as well, towed the open trailer about 60k miles, but I'm real careful about not towing in OD range.

I try to get our road service techs to keep their trucks in Tow/Haul mode at all times. Even empty those trucks are heavy.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1616 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Update,

Phord, looks like I could order today and possibly have the truck sometime between April and July.

Can't bear to even deal with the GM option yet.

Saw a used '21 Dodge for $82K the other day. Laughing Hard

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Goob I know of a guy that would not pay crazy new high prices for a new truck. He said it had to be gas. He decided to put a 632 pump gas motor in place of the old 454. He said it pulls great and is paid for. Big Grin

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
My dually only has 51K miles, it would last me the rest of my life, but we need a crew cab now for the grandkids....

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Just pulled the trigger on a new GMC, ordered the way I want it.
6.6 Gas SLT with a few options, like sunroof, 5th wheel/gooseneck package, block heater, auxiliary battery, spray bedliner, Bose, leather, T&T, locking diff., etc....
Delivery time? Unknown.
Actual sales price? Unknown, all incentives, discounts, or possible 0% finance options determined at time of delivery. I think I'm in a good position since the truck is nothing anyone else would want.

Now we wait.
Guess I'll kill the time filing for my Social Security, so I can pay for it.... Big Grin Cool

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Maybe this will work, link to the actual "built" truck....
Build summary

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Nice truck.... Don't worry, we just got a increase COL increase of 5.9% with SS.. That "MIGHT", Just might cover the fuel. lol

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Nice truck.... Don't worry, we just got a increase COL increase of 5.9% with SS.. That "MIGHT", Just might cover the fuel. lol

LOL, I'm afraid I'm going to have to race better to cover fuel... Razz

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:

LOL, I'm afraid I'm going to have to race better to cover fuel... Razz

I was looking at a new Ram 3500 last year loaded. Just think, you won't have to worry about regens and DEF along with *** Check engine light on. Going into derate.

Holy Dollar bills.. My 89 F350 7.3 will take me to the grave.And that's OK.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I feel ya, but our standard cab just isn't working with 2 grandkids who love going racing.
It was a new truck, or a motorhome.
I'm cool with the truck I guess. And no diesel headaches. We'll find out how cool the 6.6 gas engine is.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What rear gear ratios were available and which one did you choose?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't worry, we just got a COL increase of 5.9% with SS.. That "MIGHT", Just might cover the fuel. lol

Part B increased to $170.10 in 2022 and the deductible goes to $233. What a savings …….lol

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

3.73's with the 14K tow rating. That was pretty much the only gear ratio with all the boxes I checked off.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

3.73's with the 14K tow rating. That was pretty much the only gear ratio with all the boxes I checked off.

Wonder why the 4.10 is no longer available.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Probably because of the 6-speed with a 4:1 low.

In RWD with Gas it's 3.73's, 3.42's with a diesel.

I think there are other options with 4x4 or single rear wheel configurations.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably because of the 6-speed with a 4:1 low.

In RWD with Gas it's 3.73's, 3.42's with a diesel.

I think there are other options with 4x4 or single rear wheel configurations.

Ahhh interesting. And I'm sure that transmission helps too. Bet this will be a super nice tow vehicle!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo