Find
Notify
Tools

Turbo Info?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
Any website recommendations for getting decent turbocharging information?

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Theturboforums, Yellowbullet, maybe LS1tech depending on what you’re looking for.

I knew nothing about turbos a year ago. Decided to put a toy together for the street and managed to read enough between those 3 websites to be dangerous. Vsracing has some decent info about the turbos they sell. If you want compressor maps you have to go look for a garret that’s close to the size you’re looking for, nobody else really publishes anything.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BJs Wild Ride:
Theturboforums, Yellowbullet, maybe LS1tech depending on what you’re looking for.

I knew nothing about turbos a year ago. Decided to put a toy together for the street and managed to read enough between those 3 websites to be dangerous. Vsracing has some decent info about the turbos they sell. If you want compressor maps you have to go look for a garret that’s close to the size you’re looking for, nobody else really publishes anything.

Thank you!!

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yellowbullet can be a little high level at times but more accurate information than anywhere. On Facebook the lsx swap group and sloppy mechanics group can be resourceful. I'm still on my learning curve tune wise. But know enough to get into trouble and break my 6 second cherry too. I have been close to getting the 200 mph one taken care of too. And our slower bracket dragster will probably have a smaller turbo on it as well.

A little secret that has been surprisingly hard for me to get my head around: If you don't try to rotate the earth, and keep boost down to less than 14 lbs, a turbo combo can be reliable and repeatable. Go figure. LOL. But when you start leaning on them, things tend to break. Whoda thought?!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Bucky,
Lil brother is having same issue. He run a VR6 with big turbo,Been running 4.70 range,when he listens to the car. His first time running that quick he was about 10 lbs down on starting line and made wuickest pass. Then not listening to car or his older brother he goes and throws more at it,not run just lot of unhappy car. Then he sets it back very soft on leave,again car hauls. He tried more boost car not happy. Seems obvious, but guess its hard for any of us to feel we are leaving performance on table.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'd like to mess with it, but footbrake class. I've got the mechanical knowledge no problem, as far as exhaust, intake, all that (prior experience) but I don't know of anyone whose actually done it, with any success.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post