DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Air bags on 84 monte carlo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air bags on 84 monte carlo
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have air bags on my car I run 25# in Left and 35# in right and still lift left front higher than right. I am new to the bags was wondering if there is something else to be done to bring up equally.

Posts: 7 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 433red
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you are using 2 air bags. I suggest you totally remove the driver side air bag and then start at 5 lbs pressure in the passenger side. Years ago, that worked for us with a 10" slick running mid 6's and low 10's.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ga | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had airbags on my Chevelle. I only used the right rear. 0 psi in the left and around 20 in the right.

Your springs could be old or just wrong for drag racing.

I had the below link and they worked well until the factory weld failed. Was around 1.50 60 times if I remember correctly

Traction Action

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tyler Laue
posted Hide Post
IMO Ditch the bags and put in a hrpartsnstuff anti-roll bar. Tell us more about your car/combo.

Posts: 18 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
Bite the bullet and put a Trick Chassis 1 5/8" anti roll on it. It'll be money well spent. I've installed several on some pretty fast 28" tire cars and they work well. If you have full exhaust I have one of the under housing deals that I took off when a customer went to coil overs. They work ok but not as good as a frame mount.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Here's the economical quick way. Put suspension travel limiters on the front then have the left front engage before the right. Adjust as needed. Of course a rear sway bar is more correct but as long as you get there......

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the answers I going to try letting air out of bags and putting travel limiters on it. It is a 461 with glide, 5.13 rear, 29.5 x10 slicks

Posts: 7 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post