New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Fan
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Whats the best electric radiator fan for a door car? lost mine over the weekend and need to purchase a new one.

Posts: 16 | Location: Not at work | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
One with a shroud to pull air through the entire radiator. Mine is a Slimline brand, no issues.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
Not sure what kind of car you have, but I got a dual fan setup off a 97 firebird. Works really well and I can get replacement motors at the local parts store. I fit it into a 74 Nova. I just had to make a simple mount and knotch a few places.

Good luck

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1829 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I used one from a cavalier, the shroud covers most of the radiator but not all of it. works great even double entered and hot lapping in 90 degree temps.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I like that setup banjo has in the pic above.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
If you go to pull a part Ford Taurus is supposed to have the best OEM fan/shroud set up.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Sold a ton of these when I was GM parts mgr for racing. Pull something like 3000cfm.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/ca...or+fan+assembly,2181

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post