New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Fan
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Whats the best electric radiator fan for a door car? lost mine over the weekend and need to purchase a new one.

Posts: 23 | Location: Not at work | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
One with a shroud to pull air through the entire radiator. Mine is a Slimline brand, no issues.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 104 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
Not sure what kind of car you have, but I got a dual fan setup off a 97 firebird. Works really well and I can get replacement motors at the local parts store. I fit it into a 74 Nova. I just had to make a simple mount and knotch a few places.

Good luck

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.29 (10/15)
1/8 6.06@111 (11/15)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Calling out the hypocrisy and offering truth and fact to individuals claiming to offer 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998

Posts: 1530 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used one from a cavalier, the shroud covers most of the radiator but not all of it. works great even double entered and hot lapping in 90 degree temps.

Posts: 200 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I like that setup banjo has in the pic above.

Posts: 200 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
If you go to pull a part Ford Taurus is supposed to have the best OEM fan/shroud set up.

Posts: 431 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Sold a ton of these when I was GM parts mgr for racing. Pull something like 3000cfm.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/ca...or+fan+assembly,2181

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 704 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post