DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    O2 sensor - one for two functions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

O2 sensor - one for two functions?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a FAST EZ EFI system with the obvious O2 used in my header. I want to install an Autometer DL data recorder tech that records rich/lean data with an O2 sensor. can i split the wiring one one sensor for both my ECM and the data recorder instead on having two O2 sensors? Thanks everyone.

Posts: 86 | Location: Santa Clause Indiana | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Short answer
No, because the controller output voltage is converted by its internal circuitry into a variable current signal that can travel in one of two directions (positive or negative), depending on whether the mixture is rich or lean.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
And don't forget with O2 sensors - rich can be lean and lean can be rich.

As the old saying goes "Rich men race lean and poor men race rich"

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you SR440 and Quick Dawg for your help - appreciate it

Posts: 86 | Location: Santa Clause Indiana | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post