DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    piece of metal any ideas?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

piece of metal any ideas?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
It was a real small one. It would have to come thru the carb then intake to get there. I have no idea how it got there.

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Novacaine:
It was a real small one. It would have to come thru the carb then intake to get there. I have no idea how it got there.

I've seen set screws used to secure the pickup tube in the oil pump....can't think of anywhere else inside the crankcase one should be found..?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Stranger things have happen. Had a new complete 598 ordered and shipped. Upon the regular maint deal, found a tiny washer stuck to the dome.
Hmmm, i know it wasn't me. lol. "What the ** is that"

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Does your car have a dominator carb on it and setscrew possibly from linkage underneath the carb?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
It is a dominator and I did check and those screws are in it and they're bigger anyway.

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Do you run an air filter ? Debris from burnout ahead of you ?

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
I run a cowl induction hood I'm not sure how anything can get in there but anything can happen.