DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragsters with fenders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragsters with fenders
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Was watching the Spring Fling and was wondering who builds the dragsters with the rear fenders ??? Thanks jjj

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
All the ones I have seen have been Tom Yancer cars, out of Arizona.

I don't love the look but it would be totally worth it to keep the headers and engine clean.

Plus they are legally considered a rear wing for cars that require one.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
They look alot like the fenders on a mini rod pulling tractor. I like them.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Anyone got info and pics on how those are supported and mounted?

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They just have round bar going out in several places attached with dzus fasteners...Maddox race cars have ordered the fenders from yancer an built one all carbon pretty sweet...comes off in one piece in a matter of seconds...

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys, they do look different but like said bet it cuts down on cleaning back end.

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Are they double walled? I have to think rock dings would be all over them.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Maddox Race Cars near Greenville SC has built one that I know of.

Posts: 1 | Location: Cliffside, NC | Registered: January 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Tom Yancer Race Cars has built these for 15 years.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1380 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
Wasn't too fond of the look initially, but I loved them after I had them installed. They are top quality carbon fiber, strong & light, and rocks did nothing to mine. Worth every penny just to keep the back of the engine clean.

To my knowledge, Tom was the pioneer for these on Sportsman dragsters - did all the design & development work with a supplier who fabs them.

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
American Race Cars also makes them I believe

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wasn't too fond of the look initially, but I loved them after I had them installed. They are top quality carbon fiber, strong & light, and rocks did nothing to mine. Worth every penny just to keep the back of the engine clean.

was there any e t change

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
quote:

was there any e t change

can't say for sure, because these were part of major car upgrades I was doing all at the same time

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
You need to do ABA test with them and let everyone know what you find out.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
You need to do ABA test with them and let everyone know what you find out.

I know! But unfortunately, I sold the car :-(