DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    NHRA Contingency Penalties
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA Contingency Penalties
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
Double check your stickers and vendors policies or be penalized.

http://www.nhraracer.com/conte...eid=70652&zoneid=176

Not worthy

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
A look through the list of 'Sponsor Additional Requirements' is pretty interesting.

In the past I have replaced perfectly good valve springs just to stay compliant for contingency, but at least those are a wear/maintenance item.

Proof of purchase dated within two years for a carburetor?

Must have made social media posts with a photo of the car with product decal clearly visible?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
That's why I posted it.
All the companies are different.

Saw an item for me where "re-certs" don't count.
Frown

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I might as well pull all the stickers off my car because unfortunately I paid the big money and bought quality products that last longer then 18 months, 2 years, 3 years and even 5 years... what slap in the face...

I've never understood why companies aren't proud to say "SO AND SO WON USING OUR PRODUCT THAT WAS 15 YEARS OLD!!!" .... instead they stop paying well before a quality product would last.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I took most of the decals off my car the other day. Maybe I’ll win something now. Fingers Cross

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I never felt contingency stickers were worth the effort when I looked at the rules many, many years ago. Same complaints as those posted above. I have a huge stack of stickers in the garage from many items I've purchased over the years. I do have a bunch stuck on the inside of my trailer door, but not on the car.

I did however have a couple of local sponsor decals on my car for a few years.

Now I have no decals. I'm not advertising anyone's product or business for free.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post