DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Proper intake gasket crush
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proper intake gasket crush
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
So, someone educate me. Besides the surfaces of the intake and cylinder heads being parallel, what else does the machine do to ensure proper clamping of the intake gaskets?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Frizie,

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Shower down on them an….SEND IT…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Frizie:
So someone educate me. Besides the surfaces of the intake and cylinder heads being parallel , what else does tge machine do to ensure proper clamping of the intake gaskets?

You actually want .005-.010 less clearance at the bottom of the faces to clamp the gasket tighter to make sure there's no oil from the valley getting past into the intake ports.
And you can do it all on the intake flange alone. No need to do anything to the cylinder head flange.
Obviously if the heads have been angle milled you would have to mill the intake flange on the head spec. But that's usually done as part of the angle milling process.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Shower down on them an….SEND IT…

I try to shower most days bro...but if i stink lemme know. Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
silicone and send

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
silicone and send

new hot rod looking awesome TB! and how about slather and stick'em? Eek Razz

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
thanks! if a little is good a lot is better i hear lol

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post