Find
Notify
Tools

Lesson Learned
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also the lawsuit(s) will go on for years.

O'IT!

The video shows he knew he was having mechanical issues but continued to drive it.His insurance company probably drop him

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m sure they already have but that’s the least of his problems now. The other moron with the YouTube channel hasn’t done him any favors by releasing this video and you can be sure either he or his insurance company is suiting for medical expenses at a minimum if not pain and suffering and loss of income too. That crash is total, 100% negligence on the part of the owner/driver of that now pile of shyt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Even after he spent all that time and money on it the car just does not do it for me. Certainly not what I would buy or build. And not at that price. He may think it is worth $208,000 but my value on it would be WAY lower.

I do think it is funny that he thinks it is so special he would never take it to the track because he did not want to hurt his Baby and then drives around with a sticky throttle and bad brakes.... Boom! I mean I hate to laugh but what did he expect?

And he obviously did not have a plan for sticky throttle, brake failure fire etc.

I would have more sympathy for him on it if he had a plan in case of emergency and if it was me I would have said something is wrong let's pull over in this parking lot and check it out. He had at least one other car with them maybe two to video so they could have pulled over to check it our or even took it back to shop.

Hard to feel sorry about it for him when he was unprepared and made bad decisions on top of that. Sorry it happened but that was all on him.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
My safety shut off.

Master Switch

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post