Find
Notify
Tools

Lesson Learned
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://www.motortrend.com/how...street-rod-stop/amp/

Good article on brake PSI and how it’s affected by pedal ratio and bore size at the master cylinder.

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Williams:
If Auto transmission, plug it in reverse or park. If trans has a TB stick it back low and hit the TB.
Beautiful car such a shame. Hopefully no injuries to all involved.

Years ago I did a burnout in a blind alley behind Art Carrs transmission shop in my Fiat BBC altered. I hit the brakes and brake went to the floor. Jammed it in park and stopped safely as possible under the situation.
Old Airheart brake caliper broke off.

The Airhearts had a habit of doing that. I had it happen 3 times at the track. Usually at the end of a burnout in a RED.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Those of you that have a chute equipped car, USE IT FIRST. Each and every pass.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Koehler:
Those of you that have a chute equipped car, USE IT FIRST. Each and every pass.

Actually when you use the parachute on short tracks you need to pull it before you get to finish line. If you wait until after finish line and then find you have a problem probably will not be able to do much good until it is too late.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
He didn't want to race it on a track because he didn't want to crash it or hit a wall .
High performance car with a low performance driver with too much money.

The irony is thick with that one....
At a track, it never would have passed tech, but IF they did let him run it, the worst case would have been some sand and gravel to clean up. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1606 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what tech?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
The lawyers for the person with the van will definitely use that video to make that $280k build cost look like walking around money.
The guy in the video showed zero respect/remorse-fullness for the victims. Full stop bigger as than clueless car owner.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the host of this video channel is clueless and just as much an idiot as the owner of that now junk 23 year, $208K build of a comet. You're Nuts

"You're not going to the dragstrip!" "No, No too much grief has been put into this to make it happen to put it into the wall or do something stupid"

but apparently not enough grief and has the stupidity to drive it on the street with no brakes, showing off for the camera by laying into the throttle that hangs up yet sounds surprised with his “oh shyt” statement announcing to the idiot in the passenger seat that he has no brakes as he puts it into the back of an SUV on the road at 45mph. Laughing very hard

BOTH ex wives figured out he was a moron before this latest example proving it again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm old and have no filter - forgive me if I offend you

I watched this vid and others which had similar outcomes and I ask why. If someone wants and can afford to build a 1k HP "street" car, more power to them - just don't assume because you wrote the check that you'll be able to control a 1k HP car on the street or have the skills to create a 1k HP total package.
The Comet looks more like a show car to me - one you may see a video where it entered a carshow or maybe idling around a closed car event. Moving around 15 mph and occasionally puts it in neutral and revs the engine...the owner should have stayed in a closed environment.

Posts: 15 | Location: MN | Registered: June 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Closed environment....I remember a video of a guy driving a car into or out of an indoor show and causing all kinds of damage a while back. Money does not make people smarter.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
I know the car and the driver he is local to us. The car is 100% a show car never built to go to the track only to look like it could.

Glad no one was killed!

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 235 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So then you know he’s a moron because it was doing what it was built for, showing off while driving on the street where it proved to be an epic FAILURE and a waste of $208k and 23 years!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
208 Thousand in THAT? Wow! No way.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
208 Thousand in THAT? Wow! No way.

It had a custom removable hard top. Was acually a very nice show car when seen in person. paint and body done by a local ridler award winning shop.
I never seen it driving around even at the local cars shows he towed in.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 235 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we now know why, it had no brakes and its throttle hung open! oh well it's custom junk now Laughing very hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
The guy in the passenger seat got ****ed up pretty good. He lost a few teeth.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkVkiR10GYs

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard Laughing Hard Laughing Hard Falling of chair laughing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
HEY HE SPENT 208K ON A fORD. Enough said stupid test past.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4169 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’d be surprised if this car ever gets rebuilt as it has extensive damage. Got to think even this moron knows when to quit, besides he’s out of time, money and wives. Also the lawsuit(s) will go on for years.