Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    FiTech Fuel Injection with box and no box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FiTech Fuel Injection with box and no box
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I am building a little street strip car with a mild 350. I was wondering if anyone is running the FiTech fuel injection set ups in Footbreak and Electronics, or should I steer clear of them.

Posts: 137 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Might do okay in a footbrake car, but I hear that running a fitech or a Holley Sniper on a two-step causes problems. Probably freaks out the oxygen sensor when it is stuttering. Got a Holley sniper on a buddy's car, but it is just a cruiser, so I don't have direct experience with racing one of these systems.

Posts: 4 | Location: AL | Registered: October 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Maxx Levell
posted Hide Post
I use the FiTech1200 on my Maverick...on the TB with no issues at all. I spoke to FiTech prior to installing the system when they were still new. At the time, they were talking about releasing a software update to address transbrake use, but with feedback from users, did not go through with it. It simply hasn't been an issue with me, or my car. 71 Maverick with 421 SBF, 6.20's car.

Maxx Levell

If you're gonna be a bear...be a GRIZZLY!

Posts: 79 | Location: Henderson, KY | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been hearing alot of stories that while on the TB they have issues. But I would love to run one.

Posts: 137 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Maxx Levell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
I have been hearing alot of stories that while on the TB they have issues. But I would love to run one.

That has not been my experience. 1.33 60' and no bogs or stumbles.

Maxx Levell

If you're gonna be a bear...be a GRIZZLY!

Posts: 79 | Location: Henderson, KY | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It has to go open loop on the transbrake because the o2 sensors go nuts

Allen Chamberlin

Posts: 2 | Location: Bellwood pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post