DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Balancing alpha wheels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Balancing alpha wheels
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Cmichael
posted
Is there anything special about balancing these wheels with the centers being unconventional? Whats the preferred method? Thanks in advance.

Wettstien Auto and Welding
Autometer

Posts: 155 | Location: Iola,KS | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Harbor freight bubble balance…

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
spin, i spin my deltas for the same reason

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
both my Alpha and Delta wheels are spun balanced

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I believe that all race wheels are lug centric and not hub centric meaning that they are supposed to be balanced using a fixture that allows them to be bolted to the balancer using the lug holes. That said, bubble balancer has always done the job. My Alpha's were spun balanced though.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
own a spin balancer and have a tapered cone.

ran then once without balancing in a pinch. Not tons of vibration.

Balanced them as described above and they are smooth.

The one takes about 10oz the other 4oz. Changed tires several times and the one is always more - so imagine its in the wheel. Never tried just spinning them without tire. Might to see. Would think they would be better.

Posts: 1435 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post