DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Extended filler neck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extended filler neck
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted
What's the tallest extended water neck that anyone makes.
I need one between 8 to 9 inches tall with a 12 an fitting to get my radiator cap above the radiator.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
Ed how tall is that one.

The problem i have since it is a big block mopar our water necks are on the water pump which makes it 3 to 4 inches lower than your typical chevrolet.

My radiator is in in the same place place as your undercover which without running the big bulky moroso spacer between the the pump and the neck (that I have been using but looks like ****)it's just not tall enough.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm not near the car now so best to ask Scott Lemen.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/63467/10002/-1

This is the tallest one I have ever seen. Several places make the piece you would put in there for the AN fitting

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastman-99:
https://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/63467/10002/-1

This is the tallest one I have ever seen. Several places make the piece you would put in there for the AN fitting

That’s the one I use. I modified it and had it powder coated

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
A Meziere WP200 Dragster pump and you don't need a water neck taller then you radiator

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 239 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Meziere WP200 Dragster pump and you don't need a water neck taller then you radiator

I've seen you post this a 100 times and they just don't understand high and low pressure side of the cooling system.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
quote:

I've seen you post this a 100 times and they just don't understand high and low pressure side of the cooling system.

You can lead a drag racer to a proper cooling system but you can't make them buy it. But thats ok.

Meziere Tech.

Posts: 239 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How bout running the bypass line from the Tstat housing down to the radiator tank or suction side of the pump?

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Ours are 6.5" tall - Thanks! The Moroso is probably the easiest to modify if needed, but Meziere makes a weld in machined top that could be used to make your own.

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:

I don't have a problem with air in the system but i do have to use the moroso adaptor to get the cap high enough to just be even with the highest point of the radiator.

I don't believe the wp200 with the built on expansion tank would do me much better since the cap will still be lower than radiator.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
If my septic tank (radiator) at my house was a little higher than my toilets(radiator cap), before my tank got full i would have **** in my bathroom floor since the toilet is lower.

BTW i do run a meziere pump just not the dragster pump

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have a problem with air in the system but i do have to use the moroso adaptor to get the cap high enough to just be even with the highest point of the radiator.

This isnt a toilet. Your cap should be on the low pressure side of the cooling system and your putting on the high side. Listen to what the Meziere Tech dude is telling you.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Take a look at every cross flow radiator any USA auto manufacture has made and you will see 2 things, the radiator cap is on the opposite tank from the upper radiator hose and a recovery tank. Also make sure you have your pump turned on whenever you have the radiator cap off and you should be able to get all the air out.

Meziere Tech.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Alright this got me curious, how do you get rad cap in low pressure side in door car where rad is below top of motor and it has a double pass rad? Just wondering is all.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
If it's a double pass radiator the water neck will still go on the opposite side form the upper radiator hose. The coolant will have lost most of it pressure after it has passed through the top part of the radiator.

Like our WC0110 radiator

Meziere Tech.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
If it's a double pass radiator the water neck will still go on the opposite side form the upper radiator hose. The coolant will have lost most of it pressure after it has passed through the top part of the radiator.

Like our WC0110 radiator

Ok just another question then.

Just say on the radiator you have posted what if the radiator cap was installed 4 inches down on the radiator instead of at the top. Can the radiator still get completely full?

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
No.

Meziere Tech.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Double pass radiator without a cap. Only place to fill is at the intake.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Double pass radiator without a cap. Only place to fill is at the intake.

Meziere Tech.